PDA

View Full Version : question on going to a reds game

LexingtonRedsFan
06-15-2006, 09:54 PM
I have been trying to remember what is the earliest that fans can enter the stadium.....Im bringing my boys and father to tomorrows game and want to get there as soon as possible to see batting practice and give my boys a chance at getting some autographs....

Thanks for the help

gilpdawg
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM
90 minutes prior I think, but it may be different on weekends, but since you're coming tomorrow, that shouldn't matter. 90 Mon-Sat. 2 hrs. prior on Sunday, IIRC. Don't quote me on that. Somebody will be here shortly to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

KittyDuran
06-15-2006, 10:07 PM
From the Reds website... A to Z Guide [under GABP]

GATES OPEN
Gates open two hours (2) prior to game time. Gate opening times may vary if a game is rescheduled.

gilpdawg
06-15-2006, 10:12 PM
From the Reds website...snip
See, told ya somebody would correct me. :) Actually I think I just remember the way it was at Riverfront, because I'm sure that's the way it was back then.

KittyDuran
06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
See, told ya somebody would correct me. :) Actually I think I just remember the way it was at Riverfront, because I'm sure that's the way it was back then.It was, and up until this year, IIRC, it was 1 1/2 for weekday games and 2 hours for Saturday and Sunday.

LexingtonRedsFan
06-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks....I think Im going to try and leave lexington at 3:00 in order to grab a bite to eat and try to get in to the stadium early.....of course my original plans where to park across the river and take the boat over, but I hear that they have moved the landing area down river to newport??

Doesnt matter, we are going to have fun!!!!!

KittyDuran
06-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks....I think Im going to try and leave lexington at 3:00 in order to grab a bite to eat and try to get in to the stadium early.....of course my original plans where to park across the river and take the boat over, but I hear that they have moved the landing area down river to newport??

Doesnt matter, we are going to have fun!!!!!Lex, I think there's two boats that ferry fans across - but I can't remember if they are both originating from the same place.

Yachtzee
06-15-2006, 10:43 PM

Doesnt matter, we are going to have fun!!!!!

I've parked across the river for Reds and Bengals games and just hiked it across the Suspension bridge or the Purple People Bridge, depending on whether I parked in Covington or Newport.

Have fun! I wish I could be there. If fact I'm bummed that I can't make it to any of the games up here in Cleveland. That weekend is just jam packed with birthday parties and other obligations.

BigJohn
06-15-2006, 11:17 PM
CAN YOU SURVIVE BATTING PRACTICE FROM THE MACHINE ROOM?
The Machine Room at Great American Ball Park will open 3 hours prior to game time, and fans arriving early can watch batting practice by both teams. (Note: access to the ballpark is not permitted until the gates open)

TeamBoone
06-16-2006, 02:35 AM
Castellini changed it to two hrs so that fans would be able to watch batting practice... something they haven't been able to do in a long long time. :thumbup:

tripleaaaron
06-16-2006, 02:41 AM
get off on 5th street exit in Covington, and follow that all the way to Madison, take a left on Madison and head all the way down. You will come to a 4 way stop in front of Beal St. Cafe, keep going straight and park in the Garage on the Left, $3 anytime all day parking, exit the garage opposite the entrance and you will basically be on the suspension bridge, walking the bridge is a short 10 minute walk to the stadium, have a good time.

BigJohn
06-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Brandon Phillips is about the only one I have seen signing autographs. Griffey only signs Upper Deck cards and Dunn can't write evidently.

Yachtzee
06-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Brandon Phillips is about the only one I have seen signing autographs. Griffey only signs Upper Deck cards and Dunn can't write evidently.

When I went to a game a few years back, Dunn was very good about signing. He especially likes University of Texas gear. Some guys had Texas hats and he made a bee-line right to them on his way to the dugout.

06-16-2006, 05:04 PM
If there are too many people outside of the gates the Fire Dept. can order the gates open due to safety concerns.