PDA

View Full Version : why cant we trade with the angels

redsupport
06-20-2006, 11:07 AM
the angels offense is past pathetic, they have six starters and excellent middle relievers as well as excellent minor league pitchers, they have no proven catcher. Donnelly, Bootcheck, shields any of these pitchers could help. Their offense needs a prompt transfusion to be certified as anemic

savafan
06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Because after what Norm Charlton and Deion Sanders did to him when he played for the Dodgers, Mike Scioscia hates the Reds.

RedsManRick
06-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I've been pushing this for weeks. The Angels are the perfect match. They need offense, particularly OF help, and have pitching of all types to spare.

-edit for spelling- that's what I get for sneaking RZ posts in when I should be working...

LoganBuck
06-20-2006, 01:28 PM
I've been pusing this for weeks.

I don't even want to know....

redsupport
06-20-2006, 01:43 PM
mike scoscia may detest the reds. but we did give them chico ruiz, alex johnson, and jim maloney, not to mention gary nolan

Matt700wlw
06-20-2006, 03:01 PM
mike scoscia may detest the reds. but we did give them chico ruiz, alex johnson, and jim maloney, not to mention gary nolan

The Reds also took Ramon Ortiz off his hands...

PuffyPig
06-20-2006, 03:51 PM

Actually, when Maloney and Nolan were traded to the Angels their careers where finished. I don't think that Chico Ruiz' career ever started. And we flipped them Johnson (who we got, along with Wayne Granger for a fading Vada Pinson) for a much needed pitcher, Jim McGlothin, who had some success with us before arm injuries ended his career.

redsupport
06-20-2006, 04:01 PM
agree and we purloined Greg Garrett, a redoubtable left hander from the Halos

KronoRed
06-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Maybe they are asking for Dunn and don't want Kearns :dunno:

RedLegSuperStar
06-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Maybe they are asking for Dunn and don't want Kearns :dunno:

Take Dunn.. How bout:

Dunn and Valentin - LAA
Santana, Kotchman(Thinking more of next year), AA Arm, A Arm - CIN

redsupport
06-20-2006, 05:37 PM
kotchman has mono

Falls City Beer
06-20-2006, 06:12 PM
the angels offense is past pathetic, they have six starters and excellent middle relievers as well as excellent minor league pitchers, they have no proven catcher. Donnelly, Bootcheck, shields any of these pitchers could help. Their offense needs a prompt transfusion to be certified as anemic

I don't understand the jeremiads cast at the puissant arms of the Rhinelanders.

redsupport
06-20-2006, 08:18 PM
the puissant arms of the rhinelanders have been looking quite attenuated and asthenic lately. Why, the output of the relievers almost matches the dominance of the KC Royals. The Reds bullpen would be much improved if they would add a proven arm so that they would then have three humeri

Guacarock
06-21-2006, 10:28 AM
kotchman has mono

Actually, just this week, Kotchman began his rehab assignment. Assuming that takes anywhere from a few weeks to a little over a month, he should be ready to contribute in the second half. Certainly in time for a September callup somewhere.

chicoruiz
06-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't think that Chico Ruiz' career ever started.

I resent that remark; all the more so because it's largely truthful :)...