PDA

View Full Version : Another Bengals draft pick in trouble with the law

Reds Fanatic
06-21-2006, 08:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2493684

The Los Angeles City attorney's office has filed charges against former USC defensive end Frostee Rucker for two counts of spousal battery and two counts of vandalism, ESPN's Justine Gubar reports.

Both charges are misdemeanors. Each count of spousal battery, which includes parties who have dated, is punishable by one year maximum in county jail or community service. There is a mandatory $400 fine. Vandalism is punishable by up to six months in jail. If convicted Rucker, who was drafted by the Bengals in the third round of April's NFL draft, could face up to three years in county jail.

The charges stem from one incident in early August 2005 that took place at Rucker's Los Angeles apartment.

An arraignment date has been set for July 13.

There is no warrant for Rucker's arrest. He will receive a voluntary appearance letter regarding his arraignment. If he misses his arraignment, then a warrant will be issued.

The complaining witness has requested confidentiality.

flyer85
06-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Join the club, Frosty

zombie-a-go-go
06-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Baltimore South.

dabvu2498
06-21-2006, 10:08 AM
I did see where Chris Henry got driving privileges, but will have to use a breathalyzer to start his car.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060621/SPT02/606210339/1066

remdog
06-21-2006, 11:16 AM
First of all, this is from last summer and, as noted, doesn't necessarily involve a spouce. It could be someone that he 'dated' that saw a chance at a payday and that civil payday would be more likely and/or bigger if charges are brought.

Secondly, I would think that the Bengals were aware of this incident and didn't consider it significant. (At least I hope they were aware of it if there had been a police report made.)

I'll wait and see on this one before rushing to judgement.

Rem

dabvu2498
06-21-2006, 11:21 AM
First of all, this is from last summer and, as noted, doesn't necessarily involve a spouce. It could be someone that he 'dated' that saw a chance at a payday and that civil payday would be more likely and/or bigger if charges are brought.

Secondly, I would think that the Bengals were aware of this incident and didn't consider it significant. (At least I hope they were aware of it if there had been a police report made.)

I'll wait and see on this one before rushing to judgement.

Rem
You're right. The Bengals did know. IIRC, Rucker was one of the biggest "sliders" on draft day due to this incident. He had been projected as a late 1st-early 2nd round pick strictly based on his ability, but his character issues allowed him to slide deep into the 3rd round.

KronoRed
06-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Baltimore South.
Oakland east? :D

Yachtzee
06-21-2006, 10:47 PM
I did see where Chris Henry got driving privileges, but will have to use a breathalyzer to start his car.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060621/SPT02/606210339/1066

He'll need Andy Stitzer to blow into it for him so he can start is car.

GAC
06-22-2006, 08:01 AM

I heard his car is ran on alcohol fuel though? :p: