PDA

View Full Version : Red's Coffey talk of town

redsin2006
06-21-2006, 11:29 PM
This save tonight by Coffey was HUGE as he took on maybe the best 3-4-5 combo in the NL and managed to get thru it with a save. His confidence level should now be at a peak and coupled with some wisdom for his buddy Weathers, I have a good feeling about his future.

RedEye
06-21-2006, 11:57 PM
That's what you expect your closer to do. If he can do it consistently, THEN he'll be the talk of the town.

redsin2006
06-22-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm sure Wagner (a consistent closer) is also the talk of the town too.

Yes, but for a young guy like Coffey who kind of got put into the role because Weathers couldn't get it done, you have to admit this is a plus?

TeamBoone
06-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Coffey was a little shakey his last two times out. This should boost his confidence BIG TIME... as it should. That was the tough part of their order.

redsin2006
07-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Still the talk of the town, but now more on the side of profanity rather than ataboy.

I was dead wrong on this theory. Simple as that. We can only hope that the getting the fellow from Seattle will solve the closer role, and the rest can be hashed out within the ranks.

Again, I was sadly optimistic on Coffey's performance in NY, but that was more an outlier rather than part of the big picture. Coffee isn't ready yet.