PDA

View Full Version : Burns optioned to AAA; Belisle to be recalled

Reds4Life
06-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Per Lance's blog.

http://www.lance1360homer.com

Ltlabner
06-26-2006, 12:53 PM
It will be interesting to see if Belisle can provide some stable long relefe. I do question why they optioned Burns back to Louisville instead of an DFA. The guy just plain stinks...and he has stunk in three different stints with the team. It's not like this is his first trip to the bigs. Maybe Louisville is just desperate for arms and need a warm body to keep on the roster, but if it were me I'd send him packing and open the spot for a youngster that has a chance of someday making the team.

edabbs44
06-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Thank God.

dabvu2498
06-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Is this like finding one more row boat on the Titanic?

CaiGuy
06-26-2006, 01:09 PM
It will be interesting to see if Belisle can provide some stable long relefe. I do question why they optioned Burns back to Louisville instead of an DFA. The guy just plain stinks...and he has stunk in three different stints with the team. It's not like this is his first trip to the bigs. Maybe Louisville is just desperate for arms and need a warm body to keep on the roster, but if it were me I'd send him packing and open the spot for a youngster that has a chance of someday making the team.
Burns has been really good in AAA this year. Maybe they thought he could help Louisville.

Good to see Belisle back.

cumberlandreds
06-26-2006, 01:11 PM

Belisle is a better rower than Burns. Burns would crash the rowboat into a iceberg if he had the chance.

LoganBuck
06-26-2006, 01:11 PM

More like a broomstick and an inflatable chaise lounge.

RedsManRick
06-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Mike Burns = pitching version of Brandon Larson?

CaiGuy
06-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Belisle is a better rower than Burns. Burns would crash the rowboat into a iceberg if he had the chance.
Burns boat had a giant hole in hull long before he crashed it.

Redus
06-26-2006, 03:46 PM
We'd be better off with Britt Burns than Mike..wow he sucked..good luck Louisville