PDA

View Full Version : Rose on 700 WLW

Team Clark
06-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Great guest as always

savafan
06-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah, it's clear from listening to him that he still follows and understands the game of baseball. It's sad, because just listening to him talk, you know he'd make an excellent coach or manager.

redsfanmia
06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, it's clear from listening to him that he still follows and understands the game of baseball. It's sad, because just listening to him talk, you know he'd make an excellent coach or manager.

Too bad he cant be trusted.

StillFunkyB
06-26-2006, 07:37 PM
The sad part is that he still hasn't learned from his mistakes.

Had he done so, I don't think there would be a better person out there to teach you on what and what not to do, both on the ball field, and off.

Reds Nd2
06-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up TCII.

Allegro
06-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Tremendous interview. Man, like him or not, he is really entertaining. I could listen to him for hours. Did anyone catch the story about Tracy Jones showing up to spring training one year "all of a sudden really bulked up." Kind of sounded like Pete was taking a little shot at the Tracer. Furman left that one alone. Great stuff from Pete.

Ron Madden
06-27-2006, 02:35 AM
I listened to the whole show at work tonight.

I enjoyed the old stories with Pete and the callers. :thumbup:

Pete was there for three hours it's a shame Furman allowed so little time for the callers. :(

Jpup
06-27-2006, 02:59 AM
It would be nice if we had an archive of such things. :(

Team Clark
06-27-2006, 03:45 AM
I doubt that Pete was taking a shot at Tracy. I listened to 95% of the interview on my XM and did not take it that way. I remember Tracy in the Spring of '87. He was really great with me and quickly became my favorite player. I remember how big he was though. Huge shoulders, massive forearms. I remember reading an article in 88 or 89 where Tracy was benching over 400 Lbs. I know Trace and I would seriously doubt he did any illegal drugs/enhancers. Nick Esasky was equally as big. You could see every muscle in his forearms. I can remember watching those muscles move while he autographed my 1B mitt. I wanted to look just like that someday. I got close but not that close...LOL!

saboforthird
06-27-2006, 04:35 PM
I listened to the whole show at work tonight.

I enjoyed the old stories with Pete and the callers. :thumbup:

Pete was there for three hours it's a shame Furman allowed so little time for the callers. :(

I'm not surprised, really. The "furball" never shuts up, and his topics are about me, me, me.

Matt700wlw
06-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I wish I would have been at work yesterday, I would have loved to meet Pete Rose. It would have been an honor.

I always miss something big

MartyFan
06-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Love him or hate him he is a big personality...I'd love to see him get himself turned around.

savafan
06-28-2006, 01:26 AM
I wish I would have been at work yesterday, I would have loved to meet Pete Rose. It would have been an honor.

I always miss something big

miss a day, miss a lot!