PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Lineup, guess it.

TOBTTReds
06-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Didn't want to steal a previous thread, so I'll start this one. Without trading to get new players, what is our lineup in 5 years (you can do fielding, or batting lineup).

C- Miguel Perez
1B - Joey Votto
2b - Brandon Phillips
SS - Paul Janish
3b - Edwin
LF - Jay Bruce
CF - Drew Stubbs
RF - Austin Kearns (he seems so easy to trade, but I just don't know if it will happen) If not him, then hopefully BJ Szymanski has turned it around and is a stud again.

This is a GREAT defensive lineup. Would be very interesting to see this team field.

Rotation:
Bailey
Harang
Arroyo
Travis Wood
Elizardo

Closer: Coffey
Middle Relievers: Justin Mallett, David Shafer, and four 38 year olds with tired arms.

Carin4Narron
06-26-2006, 10:59 PM
All from the farm, no players from trades or free agency?

TOBTTReds
06-26-2006, 11:05 PM
This is the All-System team in 2011

Redus
06-27-2006, 12:34 AM
I think it will be all robots!!

Scrap Irony
06-27-2006, 12:43 AM
CF Moran
SS Phillips
LF Stubbs
RF Bruce
3B Encarnacion
1B Votto
2B Griffin
C Tatum

SP
Bailey
Wood
Cueto
Pelland
Ward

JaxRed
06-27-2006, 12:45 AM
C - Tatum
1B - Votto
2b - Phillips
SS - Olmedo
3b - Encarnacion
OF - Bruce
OF - Stubbs
OF - Denorfia

SP - Bailey
SP - Dumatrait
SP - Ramirez
SP - Ward
SP - Cueto

It's much harder to find good position players in Reds system than pitchers. Which is why guys like Denorfia and Olmedo who have almost no service time now could still be with club.

And there are still a lot of potental pitchers with no service time who could impact - Pelland, Kelly, Wood, Chick, Shafer, Watson.

KronoRed
06-27-2006, 12:45 AM
I think it will be all robots!!
Robots on roids

griffeyfreak4
06-27-2006, 12:13 PM
C - Tatum
1B - Votto
2B - Phillips
3B - EE
SS - FeLo/Olmedo
OF - Stubbs
OF - Dunn
OF - Deno

P - Roy Hallday
P - Elizardo Ramirez
P - Brandon Webb
P - Dontrelle Willis
P - Felix Hernandez

Oh I wish.......but actually:
P - Harang
P - Arroyo
P - Elizardo
P - Bailey
P - Wood

pedro
06-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Some of the lineups being posted here scare me.

I want no part of future that is going to be hinged on Rey Olmedo, William Bergolla, Dane Sardhina or Miguel Perez.

OnBaseMachine
06-27-2006, 12:42 PM

I want no part of future that is going to be hinged on Rey Olmedo, William Bergolla, Dane Sardhina or Miguel Perez.

Or Tatum.

I'm hoping the offense will feature Encarnacion at 3B, Phillips at SS, Lopez at 2B, Votto at 1B with an outfield of Dunn, Stubbs, and Bruce. I would target Kottaras of San Diego as the catcher of the future. Obviously it probably won't pan out that way, but I can dream can't I?

TOBTTReds
06-27-2006, 12:56 PM

Yeah, Miguel Perez was by default for me. We have ZERO catchers in our system. Maybe Ross will still be around???

pedro
06-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah, Miguel Perez was by default for me. We have ZERO catchers in our system. Maybe Ross will still be around???

I'm hoping the Reds have some players that we've never heard of. Some of thes "young" guys are going to be on the wrong side of 30 in 5 years.

Benihana
06-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Sadly I dont see Arroyo being around in 2011, can't see him resigning with a NL team like the Reds once he's up for FA.

My team looks like this:
2B Phillips
SS Lopez
LF Dunn
RF Bruce
1B Votto
3B Encarnacion
CF Stubbs
C ??????

SP Bailey
SP Cueto
SP Harang
SP Wood
SP Watson

CL Coffey

As much as Ive enjoyed what the Lizard has done this season, I can't sat I see him being a dominant force for the next five years. We've had too many of these young guys come seemingly out of nowhere, enjoy success for a few months, and then fade into oblivion (see: Acevedo, Os.Fernandez, Ja.Fernandez, etc.). If there is one guy in the current rotation I could see sticking around for the next five years, its Harang. Hopefully we can acquire another frontline type to team with him, Homer and Cueto/Wood. The need at catcher will be filled from somewhere outside of the organization. And if I had to keep two of the three between Dunn, FeLo, and Kearns, I keep the first two (which is not neccessarily cost-prohibitive given the new ownership.) Phillips and Encarnacion are hopefully shoe-ins for the next five years.

pedro
06-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Sadly I dont see Arroyo being around in 2011, can't see him resigning with a NL team like the Reds once he's up for FA.

My team looks like this:
2B Phillips
SS Lopez
LF Dunn
RF Bruce
1B Votto
3B Encarnacion
CF Stubbs
C ??????

SP Bailey
SP Cueto
SP Harang
SP Wood
SP Watson

CL Coffey

As much as Ive enjoyed what the Lizard has done this season, I can't sat I see him being a dominant force for the next five years. We've had too many of these young guys come seemingly out of nowhere, enjoy success for a few months, and then fade into oblivion (see: Acevedo, Os.Fernandez, Ja.Fernandez, etc.). If there is one guy in the current rotation I could see sticking around for the next five years, its Harang. Hopefully we can acquire another frontline type to team with him, Homer and Cueto/Wood. The need at catcher will be filled from somewhere outside of the organization. And if I had to keep two of the three between Dunn, FeLo, and Kearns, I keep the first two (which is not neccessarily cost-prohibitive given the new ownership.) Phillips and Encarnacion are hopefully shoe-ins for the next five years.

I honestly can't see Lopez playing SS next year, let alone in 5 years.

Benihana
06-27-2006, 01:39 PM
I honestly can't see Lopez playing SS next year, let alone in 5 years.

I'd have no problems switching him and BP, would you?

One thing thats not lacking from that lineup is defense, so with FeLo playing 2B I honestly don't think you're losing that much.

pedro
06-27-2006, 01:48 PM
I'd have no problems switching him and BP, would you?

One thing thats not lacking from that lineup is defense, so with FeLo playing 2B I honestly don't think you're losing that much.

I'm all for switching them.