PDA

View Full Version : Just An Idea..

RedLegSuperStar
06-28-2006, 04:51 PM
If Atlanta and Detroit do make a trade involving Smoltz (who like Wilson in 2004 had another win slip away from him due to the bullpen today) in which I've heard Zumaya would go to Atlanta giving the Braves there closer they've hunted for and Smoltz a chance for another ring... Wow Detroit Tigers.. never thought I'd say Detroit and winning a ring in the same sentance. I'm getting to my thought.. now I also hear they need a left handed power bat who could play outfield and some at 1st base. They've contacted Larry Walker to come out of retirement, contacted the Mets about Floyd, even Aubrey Huff has been linked as a possible target. Say Braves and Tigers do the Smotlz deal, that gives them a rotation of Rodgers, Smoltz, Bonderman, Verlander, Robertson, and Miner. We offer Detroit Adam Dunn.. Could we get Justin Verlander (Last 10 Starts: 7-1 2.82 ERA 42K/20BB) in return?

Danny Serafini
06-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Verlander, Zumaya and Bonderman are about as untouchable as it gets it Detroit. All this Smoltz for Zumaya talk is nonsense, it'll never happen.

jimbo
06-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I like Verlander but the thing that worries me about him is that I read somewhere that the Tigers plan on skipping him in the rotation periodically because they questioned his durability.

TeamSelig
06-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I wish we had Zumaya. Actually, I wish we had 3 or 4 Zumayas.

HotCorner
06-28-2006, 05:35 PM
I've thought about this same trade scenario. Detroit is looking for a left-handed power hitter. Dunn fits the bill. Zumaya is the guy I'd want. Did you see him against Pujols last week? It's one of the few times I've seen Albert look uncomfortable at the plate. The guy has a 100+ fastball and 80 change. That said I would want a bit more than Zumaya for Dunn.

BoilerBC11
06-28-2006, 10:05 PM
wonder what it would take to get zumaya and cameron maybin? Maybe Dunn and Wagner? a future outfield of bruce, stubbs and maybin, sounds pretty solid to me...