PDA

View Full Version : Weathers still has a sense of humor, at least.

06-30-2006, 12:20 AM
I was sitting in the front row next to the foul pole with my kids during batting practice Thursday night. Weathers was standing nearby talking to Hume and LaRue. He walked over and picked up a ball on the ground and tossed it to my 8 year old son. It popped out of his glove, and Weathers walked over and tossed it back to him a second time and said "That was the first time I've hit my target in 6 weeks!". He grinned and then left. My son won't forget him for quite a while.

harangatang
06-30-2006, 12:23 AM
That's pretty funny, at least Weathers can admit and talk about his problems pitching. Not to mention he gave your son a positive memory he won't forget for a long time.

TOBTTReds
06-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Yup, I wish all players knew how much they mean to kids and that even a little thing like that can have such a big impact. You know your kid is telling EVERYONE he knows about that tomorrow.

Super_Barry11
06-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Weathers is an awesome guy!! :thumbup: Definitely one of the nicest Reds.

reds44
06-30-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm glad he has a sense of humor about it, because I sure don't.

06-30-2006, 01:09 AM
My wife makes me laugh. She mentioned several times on the walk back to the hotel that Weathers shouldn't get the W after pitching so bad. She actually mentioned writing a letter. To whom I am not sure, but I guess I am lucky to have a wife that is so passionate about the game, although sometimes she needs to realize they play again the next day.

Razor Shines
06-30-2006, 01:10 AM
I feel kind of bad now for wishing that broken bat tonight would have stabbed weathers, nothing serious just a flesh wound to keep him off the field.

kxblue
06-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Weathers really didn't pitch all that poorly. That bloop that fell in front of Kearns was rather unlucky and again Lopez dropping the ball didn't help Hammond or Weathers (Im not sure he would have gotten the runner at 1st anyway).

As sad as it may be, Weathers is still one of the better options in the bullpen.

BCubb2003
06-30-2006, 12:29 PM
My wife makes me laugh. She mentioned several times on the walk back to the hotel that Weathers shouldn't get the W after pitching so bad. She actually mentioned writing a letter. To whom I am not sure, but I guess I am lucky to have a wife that is so passionate about the game, although sometimes she needs to realize they play again the next day.

Maybe she can write to these guys:
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/official_rules/foreword.jsp

Chip R
06-30-2006, 12:55 PM
I feel kind of bad now for wishing that broken bat tonight would have stabbed weathers, nothing serious just a flesh wound to keep him out off the field.

A flesh wound? Like this guy?

http://www.warehouse23.com/img/covers/tyvmp009.jpg