PDA

View Full Version : Dunn's OBP IS inflated after all!!

Razor Shines
06-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Dunn's OBP is inflated by HOME RUNS!! How can that count for his OBP he's not staying on base. If you subtract all the home runs this year from his OBP it drops to around .300 which I know people on here have said is horrible. I'd like to see some of you guys that are big into stats (I didn't say stat heads) defend that. So until some of you on this board stop hiding Dunn behind these phony numbers then well, I don't see how you can respect yourselves.

Well I knew everyone was thinking it, so I decided I was going to be the one to come right out and say it. If you wish to thank me but fear reprisal, then you may do so privately. I won't name names.

And RBIs off home runs shouldn't count either.

dougdirt
06-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Is this a joke? I hope its a joke...

06-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Razor, what smilie did you forget?

Razor Shines
06-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Just my half hearted attempt at levity. Sorry.

TeamSelig
06-30-2006, 02:00 AM
I thought it was funny, but with some of the crazy people here, I actually believed you, haha.

TOBTTReds
06-30-2006, 02:02 AM
I thought it was funny, but with some of the crazy people here, I actually believed you, haha.

Me too. I thought it was a joke until about halfway through.

06-30-2006, 02:06 AM
Many times I have wet my undies because Dunn came to bat as I was heading to the restroom and I made the mistake of holding it and waiting to see if Dunn could get a single.:)

KronoRed
06-30-2006, 02:07 AM
Dunn basher! off with his head :devil:

Razor Shines
06-30-2006, 02:07 AM
Dunn's OBP is inflated by HOME RUNS!! How can that count for his OBP he's not staying on base. If you subtract all the home runs this year from his OBP it drops to around .300 which I know people on here have said is horrible. I'd like to see some of you guys that are big into stats (I didn't say stat heads) defend that. So until some of you on this board stop hiding Dunn behind these phony numbers then well, I don't see how you can respect yourselves.

Well I knew everyone was thinking it, so I decided I was going to be the one to come right out and say it. If you wish to thank me but fear reprisal, then you may do so privately. I won't name names.

I thought this would give it away, I should have been more over the top I guess.

TOBTTReds
06-30-2006, 02:25 AM
yeah, i think if you had said you would rather have nine Brandon Phillips in the lineup over dunn, I would have known it was a joke....oh wait, someone did say that here.

TeamBoone
06-30-2006, 11:26 AM

This is a pretty ridiculous observation. Guess everyone else's HRs should be cut from the OBP record as well, right?

Bizarre notion.

HRs count; if they didn't they would be banned.

TeamBoone
06-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Well, ya fooled me... because I'm not in the least bit surprised that someone/many would feel this way.

SteelSD
06-30-2006, 11:30 AM
This is a pretty ridiculous observation. Guess everyone else's HRs should be cut from the OBP record as well, right?

Bizarre notion.

HRs count; if they didn't they would be banned.

Psst...TB, Razor Shines is intentionally being absurd. It's humor. :)

(Edit: I see ya' already figured it out. And you're right. I think we've seen similar words posted as truth before...hmn...who would do that...)

Reds1
06-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Dunn also once went 1,085 plate appearances without a sacrifice fly, a stat reviled endlessly in many media outlets. A closer look reveals that Dunn had 65 plate appearances in that stretch with a runner on third and less than two out; in those appearances he reached base 28 times. Thus, Dunn was castigated for posting a .431 on-base percentage in a particular situation over a two-year span, the criminal. :)

fielder's choice
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
But most of those were walks, so the runner didn't score. He should have chased balls out of the zone.

Sincerely,

Jerry N.

KronoRed
06-30-2006, 11:05 PM
SO what about walk off game winning HRs?

What do they do for OBP?

;)

Tom Lawless Fan
06-30-2006, 11:28 PM

Man u r so rite dones just a big guy that hits the long ones ever now and then, i give him gredit for tonite but usully he just gets scared in those times.
he needs more rbi and batting average to be any good....they need to get rid of his salarie.:eek:

Razor Shines
06-30-2006, 11:29 PM
He killed the rally!!

Tom Lawless Fan
06-30-2006, 11:32 PM
He killed the rally!!

well somtines they do if you really think about it. It is good that he got the game winner but he needs to work on his oppsite fields hitting or wont amont to nothin. i'm glad somebody's not afraid to say it!!

:beerme:

Razor Shines
06-30-2006, 11:35 PM
well somtines they do if you really think about it. It is good that he got the game winner but he needs to work on his oppsite fields hitting or wont amont to nothin. i'm glad somebody's not afraid to say it!!

Well you know it and I know it, but the biggest thing is what about all the other guys who didn't get a chance to get any RBIs? I was always taught by my parents to think of others, it's obvious Adam wasn't, and he probably doesn't have a soul either.

KronoRed
07-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Welcome back Taw Lawless Fan :D

RFS62
07-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Tom, so glad your parole came through and you're back.