PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational victories?

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Why do the Reds always have such a let down after games like Friday night(Dunn's grand slam)? Everytime we have dramatic, late,come from behind victories that would seem to catapult this team instead we fall apart...don't understand it...

flyer85
07-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Why do the Reds always have such a let down after games like Friday night(Dunn's grand slam)? Bad pitching, its as simple as that.

RedsNeck
07-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Mostly because of the uninspiring bullpen;)

Ibleedblue
07-03-2006, 08:30 PM
The only people who have been letting us down are the guys in the pen. I think the pressure may be getting to them at this point. It can't be fun to know your basically the only reason your team is losing, not to mention they are all in weird positions. A lot of the guys are older and might feel like they have just lost the touch. Coffey is young and might feel like he is not good enough and is letting the pressure eat him alive. This is all speculation, of course, but I just can't imagine that all of these guys fell apart that quickly.

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-06-2006, 11:34 PM
well...we sure could use an inspirational victory right now..seems like months ago we were going on about Marty's great Adam Dunn call...as far as my earlier comment about a huge victory and falling apart...didn't mean to be that prophetic

Tom Servo
07-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Baseball's weird

Redsland
07-07-2006, 11:06 AM
We scored seven runs and lost. So it probably wasn't the hitting.

CincyFalcon
07-07-2006, 12:09 PM
If the Reds somehow hold on the last couple of nights they would have strung together about 4 or 5 inspirational wins...Think about it, Dunn's walkoff, the ninth inning comeback on Monday, Castro's heads up baserunning for the win, and Javy's bomb last night....

And they would be sitting in 1st place...

And I would be sleeping much better everynight

dabvu2498
07-07-2006, 12:10 PM
If the Reds somehow hold on the last couple of nights they would have strung together about 4 or 5 inspirational wins...Think about it, Dunn's walkoff, the ninth inning comeback on Monday, Castro's heads up baserunning for the win, and Javy's bomb last night....

And they would be sitting in 1st place...

And I would be sleeping much better everynight
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, it'd be Christmas all freakin year round.