PDA

View Full Version : Espn outside the lines: Frostee L. Rucker is a rapist... allegedly

cincinnati chili
07-05-2006, 12:55 AM
On espn outside the lines right now.

I'm sure you'll all hear more later, but it sounds like the Bengals ignored some reports about this when they drafted him. Not smart.

Steve4192
07-05-2006, 08:13 AM
I dunno.

Looks like a one-sided bit of yellow journalism to me. They basically got one side of the story and presented it as fact. They also failed to mention that Rucker has a restraining order against the woman that is their primary source. Sounds to me like there is a whole lot more to this story than ESPN presented.

In regards to the 'reports' that the Bengals ignored ... so did just about every other teams in the NFL. The 'reports' were coming from a biased third party with an axe to grind against Rucker. I am sure the Bengals did their due dilligence to get information on Rucker's case from every unbiased source they could find.

Rucker might be a very bad guy ... but this bit of 'journalism' sure didn't shed any new light on the matter.

redsfanmia
07-05-2006, 07:21 PM
The current coaching staff needs to do a little bit more research also, it seem they are putting together a team that could also play in the Ohio Corrections league as well as the NFL.

WVRed
07-05-2006, 08:15 PM
The current coaching staff needs to do a little bit more research also, it seem they are putting together a team that could also play in the Ohio Corrections league as well as the NFL.

Hey, its produced a winning season and a playoff berth.:)

I'm honestly worried about the long-term rammifications though. Cincinnati for the most part is a blue-collar town, and while it is nice to finally have a winning football team, I think most people would rather see it with the right players instead of somebody who will run into trouble with the law.

I think Marvin Lewis could end up becoming another Tubby Smith. When he is winning, he is the greatest coach in the land, but when he starts losing, people will bring up Chris Henry and other problems that should contribute to his dismissal.

WMR
07-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Sounds to me like Frostee is a grade-A thug. He hasn't had 1 incident like this, he has had 4. You're trying to tell me that these 4 girls are all making up the same type of story to 'get' Frostee? BS. Sex offenders don't change. They do what they do again and again. That is a fact.

And count me as one who hates Marvin bringing all these thugs to the Bengals, I don't care how talented they are.

cincinnati chili
07-07-2006, 01:26 AM
I dunno.

Looks like a one-sided bit of yellow journalism to me. They basically got one side of the story and presented it as fact. They also failed to mention that Rucker has a restraining order against the woman that is their primary source. Sounds to me like there is a whole lot more to this story than ESPN presented.

In regards to the 'reports' that the Bengals ignored ... so did just about every other teams in the NFL. The 'reports' were coming from a biased third party with an axe to grind against Rucker. I am sure the Bengals did their due dilligence to get information on Rucker's case from every unbiased source they could find.

Rucker might be a very bad guy ... but this bit of 'journalism' sure didn't shed any new light on the matter.

They did mention the restraining order.

Reggie and USC didn't comment. The Bengals did offer a statement. (Not that that automatically doesn't mean it's yellow journalism, but the other side was allowed to present a side). It's only yellow journalism if they didn't check out the backgrounds of the accusers and find them credible. This is very newsworthy.

And I thoroughly disagree that this isn't new information. I didn't know he was an accused rapist. They brought in 2 women, one of which allowed her face to be on camera saying he raped them. This is all new to the world.

RedFanAlways1966
07-07-2006, 08:19 AM
I saw the segment and was shocked (as a Bengals fan). The guy obviously has "felonious issues" IMO. If it were like the Shackelford thing, I'd be willing to wait and hear more. But there seems to be much more in this case... as in much more victims. Three separate women: (1) a neighbor he supposedly raped when he was 13 and she was 11 (2) another who hid her identity that claims he raped her while at Colorado St. (3) the girl he dated for 2 years at USC and had photos showing injuries to her face and arms. Seems to be much more than coincidence and/or bad-luck to me. Seems to be a sexual-felon/batterer who gets "special protection" b/c of his athletic ability... a story we have all read and/or seen many of times before. Personally I do not want this guy in the state of Ohio. I am betting my life-savings that Frostee will get in trouble w/ the law in the next 5 years (if not sooner). It is called a pattern of behavior... and he has not seemed to change since he was an adolescent.

On another note... USC's program is looking real "clean" these days. First the Reggie Bush family staying in a rent-free condo and now this. Wonder if USC knew about Rucker's problems at Colorado State? Gee... I'd guess they did considering he was dismissed from CSU. How many more things are going on there that have not been exposed? I am willing to bet that there are more. And many other D-I programs as well. Wonder if the NCAA will grill them like they did OSU over the Dummy Clarett issue? They should.

max venable
07-07-2006, 09:01 AM
I am betting my life-savings that Frostee will get in trouble w/ the law in the next 5 years (if not sooner). It is called a pattern of behavior...
Where do you go to place a bet like that? Does Vegas have odds on Frostee being arrested within the next 5 years? If so, I might want in on that action.