PDA

View Full Version : per the chicago times: Brewers ask Cubs about Greg Maddux!!

redsfan4445
07-06-2006, 08:36 AM
"Milwaukee reportedly has inquired about the availability of Greg Maddux. His brother, Mike, is the Brewers' pitching coach, and former Braves coach Ned Yost is the manager. … Wade Miller will skip his next rehab start at Class A Peoria after incurring shoulder fatigue. He threw only 85 m.p.h. in his last outing, and there are some doubts he'll ever pitch for the Cubs. Does Miller believe he will? "I hope so," he said. "I really don't know."

Shaggy Sanchez
07-06-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't get ESPN INSIDER but on their rumor central they are saying that the Brewers have called the Cubs about Greg Maddux. I know there are a couple of people on here that are insider members, is there anything of actual substance on this topic in their rumor central?

Although Maddux has slown down some this season, I have to think that if the Brewers were able to add him plus get Sheets back they would have to be the favorites in the Central.

RedLegSuperStar
07-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't get ESPN INSIDER but on their rumor central they are saying that the Brewers have called the Cubs about Greg Maddux. I know there are a couple of people on here that are insider members, is there anything of actual substance on this topic in their rumor central?

Although Maddux has slown down some this season, I have to think that if the Brewers were able to add him plus get Sheets back they would have to be the favorites in the Central.

This is what Insider has to say:

Hey bro!

Jul 6 - According to a report in the Chicago Tribune, the Brewers have inquired about the availability of Greg Maddux. whose brother, Mike, is the Brewers' pitching coach. Ned Yost, the Brewers' manager, was also a coach with the Braves for a time when Maddux played in Atlanta.

Maddux, in the final season of a three-year, $24 million deal, doesn't have a no-trade clause in his current contract, but it's believed the Cubs won't trade him unless he agrees to the deal.

The Dodgers are among the other teams who are thought to be interested in acquiring the 40-year-old Maddux.

Wizzler
07-06-2006, 05:33 PM
It would be a good pick up for milwaukee as long as they don't give up any pitching. The Brewers are stacked with OF prospects. the Cubs have become fed up with Matt Murton. 2nd base is another area the cubs may look, but the brewers don't have a strong set of middle If prospects since they have hardy and weeks. Irrabben could be sent to the Cubs but he is young and only in A+.

M2
07-06-2006, 05:40 PM
IMO Maddux could be a cheap steal this month. The Cubs can't ask much in trade for him.

Bet the Brewers could land him for Tony Gwynn Jr.

Wizzler
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
IMO Maddux could be a cheap steal this month. The Cubs can't ask much in trade for him.

Bet the Brewers could land him for Tony Gwynn Jr.
i've been thinking Tony Gwynn or Nelson Cruz.

if they go and get Maddux the brewers intentions for Carlos Lee become pretty clear, he will not be traded.