PDA

View Full Version : tbs

redlegs7089
07-06-2006, 11:21 PM
anybody else have there TBS game blacked out, i was looking forward to watching it on TBS, because its well brodcasted but i was mad it was blacked out, and instead had to watch FSN, which always put me to sleep.

P.S im sick of this bullpen, keep thinking it will be different but always the same story

TOBTTReds
07-06-2006, 11:45 PM
I thought I had a day off from George and "more more more" but I did not. George wasn't bad tonight other than his incorrect statements ("bases full of Reds" when they weren't, Hatteberg hitting a "bomb" on a single, "pop-up" HR for Valentine). I really don't mind him when Aurilia isn't playing, it's unbelievable, he is a changed man.

toledodan
07-07-2006, 02:32 AM
I thought I had a day off from George and "more more more" but I did not. George wasn't bad tonight other than his incorrect statements ("bases full of Reds" when they weren't, Hatteberg hitting a "bomb" on a single, "pop-up" HR for Valentine). I really don't mind him when Aurilia isn't playing, it's unbelievable, he is a changed man.

not to mention he kept saying the reds were in first place for the WC even after we lost.:bang:

markymark69
07-07-2006, 01:19 PM
I think the reason it was blacked out on TBS has something with the FSN rights to the Reds broadcasts, similar to when ESPN has a Reds game (very seldom) it is blacked out for that reason. It is interesting that this does not apply to WGN, the Cubs and White Sox, but I can really think of no other reason why it would have been blacked out on TBS.

Had FSN not been broadcasting the games, I am confident that the TBS feed would have been available.

Tornon
07-07-2006, 02:04 PM
I got the game on both FSN & TBS here in Columbus, but the games that I get on both FSN & ESPN are blacked out by ESPN. Weird.

At least it is better than last year when the Indians were the primary FSN candidate so some weird channel would change to Reds games when they were on.. if a Reds game was gonna be televised on ESPN then they would not bother changing the feed to the game. However, ESPN thought the same thing so both channels ended up not showing the game :cry:

griffeyfan3
07-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Yea i was a bit upset that I couldn't watch it on TBS too, cause quite frankly im sick of hearing George Grande.