PDA

View Full Version : Still No Respect on ESPN

Razor Shines
07-06-2006, 11:40 PM
I don't get it what more do the Reds have to do to get some respect? We've improved the bullpen with Yan and Guardado, and Weathers is coming into his own, Coffey is well on his way to being Rolaids Relief Man of the year and I've got a feeling Joe Mays is just on the upswing of his career, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the ASG next year. And the offense? Well I've got two words for you Rich Aurilia, once he gets back in the clean-up spot he's only gonna get better in the next few years as he matures. Well I think it's obvious that ESPN missed the boat on this one in not picking the Reds to atleast go to the WS.

redlegs7089
07-06-2006, 11:53 PM
agreed 100 percent

ryanparkersongs
07-06-2006, 11:55 PM
I guess I have previously been looking at the possibilities this season through "rose" colored glasses, cause it is starting to look like the guys at ESPN are right to ignore the Reds.

reds44
07-06-2006, 11:57 PM
I guess I have previously been looking at the possibilities this season through "rose" colored glasses, cause it is starting to look like the guys at ESPN are right to ignore the Reds.
Never.

Keep hope alive

ryanparkersongs
07-07-2006, 12:01 AM
I know....I still am hopeful....just very frustrated right now. Maybe Guadardo will help.

reds44
07-07-2006, 12:03 AM
I know....I still am hopeful....just very frustrated right now. Maybe Guadardo will help.
If there is one thing this team does do well, it never EVER quits. We will keep battling and the breaks will eventually start going our way.

smith288
07-07-2006, 12:42 AM
I've got a feeling Joe Mays is just on the upswing of his career

I've got a feeling we are seeing more of the same ole Mays.

Wizzler
07-07-2006, 02:29 AM
i understand the sarcasm but the reds were getting alot of attention at the beginning of the year. then they started playing average baseball again. this isn't the best time for demanding respect. they reds have taken a huge slide. the only team that has anything that merritts talk in the last 2 weeks in the nl central is the brewers, and thats stretching it. they are the only team with a winning record in the last 10 games. the reds can't be giving up walk offs every game. the NL central was supposed to be strong this year with at least 3 teams contending for the title and the cubs not too far behind but all the divsion has done is show its weaknesses. pujols is the cardinals lee is the cubs and outside of them everyone is way to inconsistant. you could probably say lee is the brewers too. i wouldn't be shocked if the central doesn't get much pub for the rest of the year. there is still time though.