PDA

View Full Version : would it do any good?

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-06-2006, 11:48 PM
per my math from the 1st game of the Milwaukee series,this is now 6 blown leads.. 4 on monday, 2 separate leads Wednesday--two 9th inning rallies mon and tonight,2 extra inning leads blown both last night...how many times can the offense put us in line to win for this to happen over over and over...would it do any good for someone like Dunn to just get in someone's face and scare the crap out of them,question their manhood..something anything?!?:angry:

ryanparkersongs
07-06-2006, 11:50 PM
I would love to see him show that kind of emotion, but I don't expect it. We might be better off if Dunn or Kearns took the mound.

captainmorgan07
07-06-2006, 11:51 PM
i dunno but somebody should sure as heck try hvae them call players only meeting and let the guys that swing the bats tell the bullpen if u don't start shaping up ur heads will be what were hitting

goreds2
07-06-2006, 11:54 PM
I understand your fraustration. There does need to be a team meeting before the break. :help:

Razor Shines
07-06-2006, 11:59 PM
i dunno but somebody should sure as heck try hvae them call players only meeting and let the guys that swing the bats tell the bullpen if u don't start shaping up ur heads will be what were hitting
I don't know if they could do that without taking some blame themselves. Last night if Larue can just get a bunt down we have a lead when Coffey takes the mound in the 9th, he held the tie, I gotta think that situation would be more stressful than having a lead. And tonight EE makes a throwing error on a routine ground ball and that run scores. Valentin's HR would have given us a lead. I know that the B.S.pen deserves most of the blame but a couple simple plays by the position players and we could be looking at a two game winning streak. They know that the bullpen is bad, so they have to make all the easy plays to keep the pen from having to work any more than the minimum.

captainmorgan07
07-07-2006, 12:01 AM
I don't know if they could do that without taking some blame themselves. Last night if Larue can just get a bunt down we have a lead when Coffey takes the mound in the 9th, he held the tie, I gotta think that situation would be more stressful than having a lead. And tonight EE makes a throwing error on a routine ground ball and that run scores. Valentin's HR would have given us a lead. I know that the B.S.pen deserves most of the blame but a couple simple plays by the position players and we could be looking at a two game winning streak. They know that the bullpen is bad, so they have to make all the easy plays to keep the pen from having to work any more than the minimum.
i agree totally little things can make the biggest differnce

macro
07-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I don't think the bullpen is failing due to lack of effort, so a confrontation wouldn't help matters any. In fact, it would make them worse. I wouldn't rule out it happening at some point, though. The question I asked in the other thread was "How longer until someone points a finger in the clubhouse?" These guys are only human, and emotions have got to surface at some point.

goreds2
07-07-2006, 12:25 AM
I don't think the bullpen is failing due to lack of effort, so a confrontation wouldn't help matters any. In fact, it would make them worse. I wouldn't rule out it happening at some point, though. The question I asked in the other thread was "How longer until someone points a finger in the clubhouse?" These guys are only human, and emotions have got to surface at some point.

A couple of days ago, I posted this in another forum.

Bullpen: Why not bring in some guys from Louisville? They can't be worse than what we have plus they will gain experience etc. If they get shelled, so be it. They will have their "feet wet" for next year.

With the current bullpen, opposing teams say, "if we get to the Reds bullpen, we will win". With some different blood in there, opposing teams may have at least SOME doubt.