PDA

View Full Version : Phillips cracks me up

jhiller21
07-08-2006, 03:12 AM
This quote after last night's game brought a smile to my face

"You have to keep on playing; it's a funny game," Phillips said. "Nothing is over until you celebrate at the end. Some people say when the fat lady sings, but fat ladies don't sing all the time. It could be a pretty girl singing. I don't care what kind of girl it is. As long as we're on the winning side, I'm straight."

Redhook
07-08-2006, 07:20 AM
This quote after last night's game brought a smile to my face

"You have to keep on playing; it's a funny game," Phillips said. "Nothing is over until you celebrate at the end. Some people say when the fat lady sings, but fat ladies don't sing all the time. It could be a pretty girl singing. I don't care what kind of girl it is. As long as we're on the winning side, I'm straight."

That's pretty funny. I like Phillips alot. I think he has a chance to be a star here in Cincinnati. He's a good player with a chance to be great and has an engaging personality. Once he gets a little more established here and becomes one of the leaders of the team, he'll be a very popular player in this city. He makes it hard not to like him.

muethibp
07-08-2006, 08:42 AM
The DP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EGUI8Rr42U&search=brandon%20phillips

Newman4
07-08-2006, 09:35 AM
I was at the game last Sunday and he was by far the coolest player with the kids before the game. All the guys did the obvious and shook hands and signed autographs. BP actually gave the kid a high five and did the "funky handshake" (where he shakes hands then grips thumbs than grips fingertips and then lets go together). He also talked to the kid the entire time, patted him on the back and then high fived hi mat the end.
Since I work with kids, I can tell you this, kids know when adults 'go through the motions' and when adults show a genuine interest in them. BP obviously made that kid feel special and that's great to see.

Jpup
07-08-2006, 09:55 AM
I was at the game last Sunday and he was by far the coolest player with the kids before the game. All the guys did the obvious and shook hands and signed autographs. BP actually gave the kid a high five and did the "funky handshake" (where he shakes hands then grips thumbs than grips fingertips and then lets go together). He also talked to the kid the entire time, patted him on the back and then high fived hi mat the end.
Since I work with kids, I can tell you this, kids know when adults 'go through the motions' and when adults show a genuine interest in them. BP obviously made that kid feel special and that's great to see.

maybe he'll get to the Casey level on the "Hug-O-Meter".;)

Jr's Boy
07-08-2006, 10:14 AM
maybe he'll get to the Casey level on the "Hug-O-Meter".;)
lol

Jr's Boy
07-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Wow,Philips is sick,what a play!

mole44
07-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Gotta love YouTube!!!!

another classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otHKSpRf-7M

Superdude
07-08-2006, 08:21 PM
That DP tonight was almost as good. He threw a strike after jumping about three feet in the air!