PDA

View Full Version : who is larue talking to?

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-08-2006, 10:45 AM
this was briefly covered in last nights game thread but who is larue talking to..everytime he is batting and the camera zooms in on him he is having a full blown conversation with himself? even when he is a good 10 feet away from the plate?!?

redsfan30
07-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Catcher or umpire, probably.

Unless he's going over what he wants to do in that at-bat and is just talking out loud to himself.

Jpup
07-08-2006, 10:54 AM
this was briefly covered in last nights game thread but who is larue talking to..everytime he is batting and the camera zooms in on him he is having a full blown conversation with himself? even when he is a good 10 feet away from the plate?!?

he's always done that. He's talking to himself. There are a lot of guys that do that.

Razor Shines
07-08-2006, 11:02 AM
You'd be praying too, if you were hitting the way he is this season.

Joseph
07-08-2006, 11:04 AM
He said in an interview earlier this season that he's basically telling himself to watch for a certain pitch from that particular pitcher, and to keep his hands back etc etc. He looks bloody crazy when doing it.

OldXOhio
07-08-2006, 11:04 AM
he's always done that. He's talking to himself. There are a lot of guys that do that.

Crash Davis

redsfanfalcon
07-08-2006, 11:17 AM
He said in an interview earlier this season that he's basically telling himself to watch for a certain pitch from that particular pitcher, and to keep his hands back etc etc. He looks bloody crazy when doing it.

Maybe he should quit saying this, because then the catcher puts down the opposite sign, (after LaRue telling him what he is looking for) thus making LaRue whiff at the pitch. :rolleyes:

jhiller21
07-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Crash Davis

At least Crash did it silently, in his head.

VR
07-08-2006, 12:28 PM
After watching years of his horrific footwork at the plate, I tivo'd his ab's and replayed them in slo-mo. I then brought in a lip reader, and here's what he's mumbling

you put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you....

One of the nuggets he learned while being mentored by Bob Boone. ;)

Benny-Distefano
07-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I feel like I am hard enough on LaRue so I wont say anything.

But it was a good one... ;)

RFS62
07-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Jobu

Johnny Footstool
07-08-2006, 01:44 PM

I do. It's the only time I can have an intelligent conversation.

Highlifeman21
07-08-2006, 02:56 PM
He's asking himself where he'll be living at the end of the month, and if he'll still be a back up for another team.

If the answer is Philly, then pass along a message that I have an extra room for ya, LaRue.

icehole3
07-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Did anyone notice him having this half smile on his face when he replaced David Ross last night. I may need to clean my glasses off again but I swear he looked like he was somewhat pleased.

Sean_CaseyRules
07-08-2006, 04:33 PM
I talk to myself at the plate too, and the Ump after one game asked if I was "special" because I carried whole conversations with myself about the pitcher and talking to myself about bad swings and stuff. It really didn't help too much, I only batted .237, hopefully I will bat better this next year as a Junior!

Matt700wlw
07-08-2006, 04:48 PM

The voices in his head.

It happens

:)

KronoRed
07-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Maybe he's asking the catcher what pitch is coming

Worked in that one movie ;)

Joseph
07-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Did anyone notice him having this half smile on his face when he replaced David Ross last night. I may need to clean my glasses off again but I swear he looked like he was somewhat pleased.

Do you blame him? He's got his shot to either earn back the job he signed on for here, or prove his worth to some other team that might want him.

Mario-Rijo
07-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SeanCaseyRules I talk to myself at the plate too, and the Ump after one game asked if I was "special" because I carried whole conversations with myself about the pitcher and talking to myself about bad swings and stuff. It really didn't help too much, I only batted .237, hopefully I will bat better this next year as a Junior!

The next time you do that, you will think of this thread and you will begin to laugh hysterically to yourself and the Ump is really gonna think you are mental. :evil:

gm
07-08-2006, 06:45 PM
you put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in, and you....

That's from the Hal Morris fundamentals video

Jason tried to let his bat do the talking, but when that didn't work...;)

goreds2
07-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I hope Jason did not take any heat over Bronson's showing yesterday.

For defense, I'll take LaRue on my team.

For the long haul, I'll take Jason as my starting catcher. David Ross swings a nice bat but LaRue can put up decent numbers over a full season.

Jason has played for this team, what 7 years? Ross has been with us for 3 months.

(Just my 2 cents :) )

Hey Meat
07-10-2006, 01:08 PM
In the past everytime LaRue got up to bat, he would move his jaws around and pop them like he had lockjaw or something. Go back to your old routine is what I say. He had a decent year last year, this year he is hitting in the 180s.