PDA

View Full Version : Falling Fast - Good time for the break?

bigdaddy
07-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Maybe it's good that we've taking a break. I hope we can get back to winning this Friday with Colorado.

Heath
07-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Boy, I hope they win Thursday as well.

KronoRed
07-09-2006, 05:18 PM
We won't lose a game over the next 3 days.

bigdaddy
07-09-2006, 06:05 PM
I thought the players had to back on Thursday for practice. I did not know we had a game. Yes, lets's get back to winning on Thursday. Any idea who will the starting pitcher will be?

GO REDS

IrishDavidKY
07-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Breaks can be good. Let's hope they come back with a more determination and focus. If WK makes a few moves to help the pen and maybe even a starter this could really be a fun second half.

jesusfan
07-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Milton will go Thursday, then Harang, Arroyo, Ramirez.... Hopefully we win atleast 3 out of 4... and nothing less than a 6-4 homestand...

Unassisted
07-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Good time for a closed-door clubhouse meeting, too.

Ltlabner
07-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Yes, this group needs some time off to rest and regroup. I hope that Narron doesn't just send them packing so they just stew on the slump, but gives them some sort of focus or direction before they walk out of the clubhouse.

Further, I hope The Kriv sits down with Jerry and has serrious heart-to-heart conversation where Kriv strongly advises Jerry to consider the following...

1) Pick a line up and stick with it. It's been discussed to death, but this constant shuffling is the main cause for the streaky offense. Assign guys their hitting "role" and let them go out and do it. If they have a 2 home run day, don't bench the guy the next. If they go 0-4 don't sit them.

2) In said line up, Dunn bats in front of Jr. Aurila is no higher than 7th, Kearns, EE and Philips are no lower than 6th.

3) Further with said line up, bench players serve a role on a team. Those roles include token starts to rest guys (emphasis on token, as in not every other day), pitch hitting, late innning switches etc. This isn't a youth baseball league where you'll get phone calls from angry parents if you don't play their kid. The bench guys include Castro, Wise, Javi, RA and Hatteburg. Quit worrying if they will get mad if they don't play.

4) Consider another releaver besides David Weathers on a almost nightly basis. While the others stink too, spend some time considering your tatical choices for using your bullpen and let me worry about getting new arms. You worry about winning ball games with the chips you have. Oh yea, forget you ever heard the name Homer Bailey for now. Lastly, consider using another guy besides David Weathers for a while.

Hopefully everybody puts the rest to good use.

goreds2
07-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Good time for a closed-door clubhouse meeting, too.

I would hope they had one today before departing.