dabvu2498
07-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Just out of curiousity.

edabbs44
07-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Hopefully RA.

Tornon
07-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm afraid EdE has fallen into Jerry's doghouse, he may not be around too much longer

reds44
07-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Anybody under the age of 30 has a chance to be gone.

cincy09
07-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I voted for Hatte; would somebody look at those numbers and overpay?

Hey Meat
07-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Get rid of Encarnacion PLEASE!

cincy09
07-09-2006, 09:50 PM
getting rid of young, high ceiling talent is exactly what we don't want

reds44
07-09-2006, 09:50 PM
:bang: :bang:

Yes get rid of one of the best prospects in baseball.

:rolleyes:

Caveat Emperor
07-09-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm guessing Adam Dunn -- though I have no factual basis underlying this prediction.

I do have a gut feeling that Krivsky will move Dunn sooner, rather than later, to get pitching help and to improve the outfield defense. A deal for a player like him might be something that waits until the offseason, when there is time to hammer out negotiations as opposed to running things on the fly.

dabvu2498
07-09-2006, 09:56 PM
one of the best prospects in baseball.

Do you really believe this???

I think we could name 20-25 guys his age or younger who are already at the big league level who are "better prospects."

reds44
07-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Do you really believe this???

I think we could name 20-25 guys his age or younger who are already at the big league level who are "better prospects."
Do it.

And I gurantee you most of the players you attempt to name will be pitchers.

Johnny Vander m
07-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Hopefully EE. Did anyone hear Marty and Hal mention this today in the second inning? They feel he will be traded. Per Reds44, we could get Randy Johnson, Albert P., Roy Oswalt and a few more for this greatest prospect in 50 years and the best thing since sliced bread and Little Kings.

cincy09
07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
What should we realisticaly expect to get in return for Edwin

reds44
07-09-2006, 10:07 PM
What should we realisticaly expect to get in return for Edwin
There was a rumor going around earlier in the year about a Edwin for Dontrelle Willis trade, so alot.

A 23 year old 3rd baseman producing at the big league level would bring something tasty.

reds44
07-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Hopefully EE. Did anyone hear Marty and Hal mention this today in the second inning? They feel he will be traded Per Reds44, we could get Randy Johnson, Albert P., Roy Oswalt and a few more for this greatest prospect in 50 years and the best thing since sliced bread and Little Kings.
I need a vaction from this board.

See you people in a few days.

Falls City Beer
07-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Lopez wears the scarlet "T" for trade.

Johnny Vander m
07-09-2006, 10:15 PM
I need a vaction from this board.

See you people in a few days.

Take care and say hi to EE in your dreams. Oh, also Rueben Mateo.:laugh:
Thanks DABVU.

flyer85
07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
I really can't forsee any major deal because for even if guy like Lopez you have to have a fit with another team, lot easier to trade a guy like that in the offseason when others are retooling their team.

If this team falls out of the hunt I could see Aurilia, Mercker, etc being traded.

dabvu2498
07-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Do it.
And I gurantee you most of the players you attempt to name will be pitchers.
Ahhhh... but you didn't say one of the best position prospects in baseball, you said:
one of the best prospects in baseball

OK... here's what I got... after a while, I got bored and quit looking at pitchers since we are talking about a position player, so I may have missed some NL pitchers.

G. Sizemore, J. Sowers, J. Velander, Zumaya, M. Cabrera, J. Mauer, F. Liriano, Jon Lester, N. Markakis, J. Francoeur, B. McCann, H. Ramirez, J. Hermida, D. Wright, C. Hamels, R. Zimmerman, R. Weeks, P. Fielder, Conor Jackson, Matt Kemp, A. Ethier, R. Martin, Josh Barfield

That's 23... I'm sure I missed a couple.

Falls City Beer
07-09-2006, 10:22 PM
OK... here's what I got... after a while, I got bored and quit looking at pitchers since we're talking about a position player, so I may have missed some NL pitchers.

G. Sizemore, J. Sowers, J. Velander, Zumaya, M. Cabrera, J. Mauer, F. Liriano, Jon Lester, N. Markakis, J. Francoeur, B. McCann, H. Ramirez, J. Hermida, D. Wright, C. Hamels, R. Zimmerman, R. Weeks, P. Fielder, Conor Jackson, Matt Kemp, A. Ethier, R. Martin, Josh Barfield

That's 23... I'm sure I missed a couple.

I'd take EE over every one of those position players except Fielder, Wright, and McCann.

Cabrera and Sizemore? Haven't they been around a pretty long time?

dabvu2498
07-09-2006, 10:24 PM
I'd take EE over every one of those position players except Fielder, Wright, and McCann.

Still under 24... add another M. Cabrera... Melky.

Sizemore: 288 games played.

And if you'd take EE over all those Dodgers, I'm wondering if you've watched them play this year. Those kids are pretty good.

Falls City Beer
07-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Still under 24... add another M. Cabrera... Melky.

Sizemore: 288 games played.

And if you'd take EE over all those Dodgers, I'm wondering if you've watched them play this year. Those kids are pretty good.

Nope. You lost me at Melky Cabrera.

Let's just disagree. I've got socks to mend.

OldXOhio
07-09-2006, 11:03 PM

Joe Mauer too eh? Interesting perspective to say the least.

Falls City Beer
07-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Joe Mauer too eh? Interesting perspective to say the least.

Missed Mauer.

Still--the point being that this guy felt he could name 20-25 23-year-olds he'd take over EE.

Well--that's an interesting perspective.

*And Mauer's a tad overrated, still and all.

OldXOhio
07-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Missed Mauer.

Still--the point being that this guy felt he could name 20-25 23-year-olds he'd take over EE.

Well--that's an interesting perspective.

*And Mauer's a tad overrated, still and all.

He was one of the top young minor league prospects last year. He's done nothing but enhance that regard in his half season in the bigs thus far. To say he's not one of the top prospects is silly. Not sure where he falls and I'm not sure what's so magical about the number 25, but whatever the number is that constitutes this criteria, he's in it.

jesusfan
07-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Mauer overrated? uh, he's leading the lead in hitting @ a measly .378... and a .446 OBP... overrated.. lol

MrCinatit
07-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Interesting this turned from a "who do we trade" thread into a "EE sucks because he's not as good as these guys thread".

I have hopes that Wayne will not sacrafice our future for a weak today - I like the future of this ballclub, but I do not believe the future is this year.
If any moves are made, I would like to see some "seasoned vets who know how to win" pawned off on other contending jobs looking for a lefty 1st baseman, or a utility infielder, or even a reliever needed to plug into small holes (righty or lefty to face one batter), or a seasoned catcher.
I am not saying this will happen. Heck, I won't even say other teams will bite. These are just my hopes.

Blue
07-10-2006, 12:19 AM
I like EE, but I wouldn't mind trading him for a young stud pitcher. However, the only fit I see is with the Angels, though they may prefer to keep Ervin Santana and try a prospect of their own at 3B.

dabvu2498
07-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Interesting this turned from a "who do we trade" thread into a "EE sucks because he's not as good as these guys thread".

Actually, it turned into "Edwin is one of the best prospects in baseball" and I never said he sucks.