nm
???????

Caveat Emperor
07-10-2006, 02:02 AM
???????

"No message"

harangatang
07-10-2006, 07:10 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AuqvISaEBFja7hx9wyi3b8ARvLYF?slug=ap-mets-reyes&prov=ap&type=lgns

Mets' Reyes won't play in All-Star game
July 10, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- Mets shortstop Jose Reyes, voted in by fans to start for the National League in the All-Star game Tuesday, won't play because of a deep cut on his left pinkie.

Reyes was injured Friday night when he slid headfirst into first base and cut his finger on Florida first baseman Mike Jacobs' spikes. The star shortstop needed seven stitches to close the wound, and consulted with Mets team doctor Straun Coleman before deciding Sunday to not play in the All-Star game.

"I'm disappointed," Reyes said before the Mets' 7-6 victory over Florida on Sunday. "I'm not going to play, but I'm still going. I really want to be ready for the second half of the season."

Left-hander Tom Glavine was replaced on the NL team by Milwaukee lefty Chris Capuano. He started Sunday's game, so he'd be unavailable to throw Tuesday, but he'll be in Pittsburgh for the game.

"I'm going to go and tip my hat and have fun, but you won't see me on the mound," Glavine told the New York Post.

Reyes and Glavine joined Pedro Martinez as Mets players selected for the All-Star team who won't play. Martinez withdrew earlier in the week because of a sore hip that put him on the disabled list.

The Mets will still have three starters in the game: catcher Paul Lo Duca, third baseman David Wright and outfielder Carlos Beltran.