PDA

View Full Version : Team Clark and Red Storm?

Mario_Soto
08-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Hey, I haven't posted often (this is mt first under a new name) but i have enjoyed reading the posts here for the last couple of seasons.
Anyway, i was curious to what happened to Red Storm and Team Clark. I know they stirred up the board with rumors about a big trade with the Marlins that, obviously, never happened. So, are they now in hiding and no longer posting or were they banned for spreading disinformation (or are they still here and I'm hust missing their posts)? I'm not trying to stir anything up I'm just curious. I was as excited as anyone about the possibility of acquiring some of the players that were being mentioned in those trade rumors and therefore, disapointed when it didn't go down. However, I always enjoyed Red Storm and Team Clark's posts and just was just wandering what, if anything, happened.

While we're at it does anyone know if that trade was fore real, who it involved and why it didn't happen (speculation is always welcome).

Thanks.
Go Reds!

ramp101
08-20-2002, 06:01 PM
as far as i know it was a go...i dont exactly know the players but brad penny and ty howington were involved...i think florida wanted austin kearns back but thats just what i heard while working at fsn....this summer coming up i will have all the scoop on florida trades while working for them.....1 year too late;)

Mario_Soto
08-20-2002, 06:02 PM
Thanks Ramp

westofyou
08-20-2002, 06:02 PM
Anyway, i was curious to what happened to Red Storm and Team Clark.

I heard they are remaking "Thelma and Louise" from the male POV.

Rumor has it that Britney Spears is going to play the Brad Pitt part in hopes of changing the course of her career.

Falls City Beer
08-20-2002, 06:10 PM
"Anyway, i was curious to what happened to Red Storm and Team Clark."

Self-imposed exile.

Raisor
08-20-2002, 06:19 PM
I really miss Stormy. He and I agreed on most things, and Lord knows that I need all the support I can get around here!

;)

PSR

Chip R
08-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by westofyou

I heard they are remaking "Thelma and Louise" from the male POV.

You owe me a new monitor. :lol:

gm
08-20-2002, 07:08 PM
Why, did you drive your old monitor off a cliff?

westofyou
08-20-2002, 08:13 PM
Chip,

Here's a still from their upcoming feature.

http://www.go-interactive.com/reds/stormy.jpg

creek14
08-20-2002, 08:16 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KittyDuran
08-20-2002, 08:19 PM
- halter tops will do that!:lol:

CougarQuest
08-20-2002, 08:56 PM
They were not banished.

Perhaps, I don't know, but perhaps they are still here and use a different nickname because they got tired of all the fertilizer that was dumped on them when the trades did not happen. I am sure, if they are still around, they appreciate the threads that ask about them.

The only thing that makes me think that Redstorm isn't using a different nick and still posting is that I don't see anyone with posts as long as his, and we know any attorney can not with hold that long with out making a long diatribe. ;)

redsfan4445
08-20-2002, 08:58 PM
just last week, he is more or less staying away from Redszone.. he has alot on his plate and just didnt have time...Maybe the crap dumped on him by others also helped in his decision...

oregonred
08-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Stormy and TC -- you are both missed.

The board isn't quite the same with redstorm providing his insight into the game threads and in general. The whole I-Mobile genesis would have been all the more entertaining with Stormy's analysis.

Somehow I can't see stormy being chased away by anyone, so hopefully we will see him back soon.

creek14
08-20-2002, 09:28 PM
I don't know how to break this to you, oregon, but I think that is actually a picture of them in the I-mobile.

:roll:

oregonred
08-20-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by creek14
I don't know how to break this to you, oregon, but I think that is actually a picture of them in the I-mobile.

:roll:

No comprende??

Still no truth to the rumor that the I-mobile has a few scratches and dents from clipping one Jose Silva on one of the recent runs.

creek14
08-20-2002, 09:40 PM
The picture WOY posted, oregon...the whole Thelma and Louise thing is just a SERP cover.

They (RS and TC) are actually working the I-Mobile shuttle.

That picture was taken as they were driving Chris and Luke out to Arizona.

4256 Hits
08-20-2002, 09:53 PM
I don't read many trade rumer threads (just doesn't interest me) but I did skim that one; it was only a couple of people that bashed them most were very thankful of the info. So if that is the reason for their leave they must have very thin skin and I don't think either does. My guess is that their life away from RZ got busy.

creek14
08-20-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 4256 Hits
life away from RZ.

Can you please explain that concept? ;)

15fan
08-20-2002, 10:01 PM
After seeing that still, all I can say is that I'm glad as h-e-double toothpicks that Stormy & TClark aren't remaking "The Full Monty"...

oregonred
08-20-2002, 10:13 PM
Ah, thanks creek.

Glanced right over the picture. That was one of WOY's better graphics! :thumbup:

Chip R
08-20-2002, 11:46 PM
Great stuff, WOY. ROTFLMAO! But tell me, why on earth did you shrink TCII's head so much? :confused: Wouldn't it fit in the picture? ;)

letsgojunior
08-20-2002, 11:49 PM
WOY that was hilarious.

As for the guys, the game thread is just NOT THE SAME without Red Storm. I really hope he comes back and ignores the idiots who bashed him after that whole Florida thing. I think most would agree that he is one of the best, most honest posters on the board. Come back Stormy! :)

westofyou
08-20-2002, 11:53 PM
Chip, I had to make do with what I had.... ;)

I don't know about anyone else... but I miss my east coast compadre M2

But then again I'm sure he's working hard taking care of his family and enjoying the nice August humidity that the NE offers up so readily.

letsgojunior
08-21-2002, 12:39 AM
I don't know about anyone else... but I miss my east coast compadre M2

I know WOY. It just sucks. I think you used this analogy once (or it might have been Krusty) but not having them around is like getting socks and underwear on Christmas morning. The board is just not the same.

:(

Phil in BG
08-21-2002, 02:32 PM
remdog and Larkin Fan are also AWOL.

cincinnati chili
08-21-2002, 03:12 PM
West of you: Fantastic job letting your 2 year old play with photoshop. That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this site.

creek14
08-21-2002, 04:12 PM
And Red Thunder, where is he?

syncope
08-21-2002, 04:24 PM
Red Storm needs to accept his heaping plate of crow and apologize to the RedsZone family.

Phil in BG
08-21-2002, 04:30 PM
If Red Storm made a mistake it was only buying into a trade rumor that wasn't consummated. There is no doubt in my mind that it was a trade that almost happened. If I would have had the information he had I would have been excited too.

Chip R
08-21-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Phil in BG

Gee, I hope they aren't dead. Right, creek? :evilgrin:

creek14
08-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Chip R

Gee, I hope they aren't dead. Right, creek? :evilgrin:

You mean like this joke? :p

remdog
08-21-2002, 04:55 PM
Ack! I just checked in and I find I'm 'missing in action'! :lol: Thanks for the thoughts Phil!

Actually, it's just been an unbelieveably busy 3-4 weeks with traveling to Napa for a fair, Monterey for the historic auto races at Laguna Seca, the women's tennis tourney at Stanford and a food festival at Menlo Park.

I've really got to get a laptop....I miss this board tremendously when I'm gone. I get more good info/opinions/dialog here in one day than a month of watching Baseball Tonight.

I also hope that Stormy and Team Clark return. I don't always agree with Team Clark but I do read his posts with interest.

And, for the record, I never 'dumped' on either one of them for the supposed Marlins deal----after all, when would I have time! ;)

Rem

Phil in BG
08-21-2002, 05:04 PM
Good to hear from you rem. One less family member to worry about.

remdog
08-21-2002, 05:19 PM
So Phil, how's Falcon's football this year? I see one publication picked them to win their division of the MAC!

Rem

Frontier League
08-21-2002, 11:40 PM
I just heard Team Clark (pretty sure it was him) on WLW on Andy Fuhrman's show. How about that!! He was on with Sabo.

malcontent
08-22-2002, 01:03 AM
Too funny, woy.

Yeah, Phil's right. RS left a hole (in the Zone) big enough to drive Rosie O through.

Phhhl
08-22-2002, 04:47 AM
I gave my critique of the wild trade rumors in that thread. I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone or contribute to their absence from the board. Redstorm knows me from when I was "Ed Armbrister", and I have always enjoyed his insight and "feel for the game", beyond but incorporporating the emperical evidence of statistics. It reminds me of my own spin, though he is more concise and eloquent...

... I recall a time when Storm and myself were two of a handful of Dmitri Young supporters in this neighborhood, for what that is worth...

He is one of my favorite posters, just like many of you. But I felt that particular post was sensationalist. I did not question the veracity of it because I trust Redstorm as an honest and exceptionally thoughtful poster who has "connections" and would not manufacture information. As a die hard fan of the Reds, I desperately wanted the deal he spoke of to come to fruition. And, I am disappointed it did not. The tone was that it was next to certain to take place... JUST LIKE THE TRASH PETER GAMMONS THROWS TO THE CURB EVERY NIGHT ON BASEBALL TONIGHT FOR EVERYONE TO RUMAGE THROUGH.

Redstorm mentioned me more than once in his defenses of the posts regarding a deal with the Marlins, so I do not think I am paranoid or burdened with self-importance to think that I am part of the "problem" that is keeping him away from Redszone now. That bothers me to no end, because in no way did I intend to impugn him or be agressive with my criticism. It was more advice to a friend, in my mind. My father taught me to be discreet with all knowledge and to disperse it with wisdom. In retrospect, maybe I should have used private messaging to share my input with him.

Team Clark I do not know nearly as well, but respect his views as a journalist and a guy who simply knows the players.

But, I share the sentiments of all of you in wishing that these two great Reds fans would re-join us and see this season through. The absence of these men diminishes Redszone signifigantly.

TeamCasey
08-22-2002, 06:10 AM
I remember Ed Armbrister! I never knew that was you! I actually wondered why he never came to this board. I thought he was alright. :thumbup:

TeamCasey
08-22-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Frontier League
I just heard Team Clark (pretty sure it was him) on WLW on Andy Fuhrman's show. How about that!! He was on with Sabo.

How about that!

RedsBaron
08-22-2002, 07:44 AM
I really miss them both. Team Clark provided many "insider" insights, and his apparent departure leaves a void at RedsZone.
As for Reds Storm, he was my favorite poster, period. Stormy and I are both graduates of Duke Law School, him recently, me 23 years ago. I generally held my own in law school, but there were a few students who were on a higher intellectual plane than me-Stormy is on that same plane, sometimes winging away to a higher altitude than my own biplane of a mind will go. I always enjoyed his extensive analysis of the Reds. He will be a fine lawyer, but I really rather hope he goes into writing in general and sports journalism in particular-we already have enough lawyers in this country.
I miss them both and hope that they return.

buckeyenut
08-22-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Frontier League

I didn't hear the show, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. TC has a new job as 3B coach (I think) for the new local Frontier league team Sabo is coaching. He was thrilled about it last time I talked to him, but he also has about 1000 things on his plate. Something had to give in his life and I think it was Redszone.

He enjoyed posting here and talking baseball and completely understood all the critisism he took on this board. But, I can't help but think (WARNING WARNING personal opinion here WARNING WARNING) that he would have tried to stick around if he didn't have to deal with so much crap every time he posted. He probably got hundreds of PMs in addition to all the stuff on the board. So I don't blame him a bit.

RS, I didn't know, but echo those on the board who have said his not posting is a HUGE loss for us. :(

Mario_Soto
08-22-2002, 02:51 PM
I remember Ed Armbrister too!! One day ther was a discussion of something like being a team player or something like that and somebody (I don't remember who, no offense if they're still here) ask you if you'd ever "encountered anything like that in your playing days......Ed" ?, under the impression that you really are Armbrister (and for all I know you are, heck I used to post as Dan Billardello). Anyway, later that day I was having dinner with my girlfriend here in Chicago, who knows nothing of Reds baseball or this board, and I started thinking about this episode and couldn't stop laughing. I didn't know how to explain it to my girlfriend who, in turn, thought I was laughing at her or hiding something or God knows what (this wasn't the greatest relationship ever) and so she got mad which made it that much funnier.

OK... thanks for letting me share that I'll go take my medicine and try to avoid these spells in the future.

Mario

gm
08-22-2002, 03:53 PM
"I don't know about anyone else... but I miss my east coast compadre M2"

Yeah, I think about him every time I hear how great Gary "butt dart" Sheffield and the ATL are doing

Then there's the "Rickey Henderson makes the playoffs with a new team every year" take

(My money's on David "perennial" Justice and those boys in yellow/green. If ANA and Oakland can somehow squeeze Seattle out of the division/WC chase this year, just imagine the ensuing NW depression)

Come back soon and face the music, M2 :p

remdog
08-22-2002, 04:01 PM
Mario:

I don't know if you are aware of this but I saw a note in the paper here that said a new Department Store opened in Chicago. I forget the name but it's a place where women go to shop for husbands.

It's a 5 story building with only two rules: #1. If you enter a floor that's the only floor you can shop. #2. If you pass a floor on the way up you can't go back later. The only time you can go to lower floors is to depart the building.

Anyway, there were two single women that decided to go 'husband shopping' at the new store. When they entered the building, the sign on the first floor said: 'Has a job, likes kids'. "Well, that's not bad", said one woman to the other, "but I wonder what else they have available. Let's go up a floor"

So, the two women proceeded to the second floor where the sign said 'Has a good job, loves kids, is good-looking'. "Hmmm, said one of the women, let's see what's on the next floor." So, off they went.

On the third floor the sign said, 'Has a great job, loves kids, is very handsome and helps with the housework.' "Wow!" said one of the women, "that's a pretty good prospect!" "Yeah," said the other woman "but if we can get this on the third floor think of what must be on the fourth floor!" So, up they went.

When they arrived at the fourth floor the sign said 'Has a fantastic job, loves kids, is extreamly handsome, helps with the housework and is very romantic.' "Yikes!", said one of the women, "if this is only the fourth floor, I've just got to see what's available on the fifth floor!" So, once again, they assended upward.

Upon their arrival on the fifth and final floor the sign read, 'This floor exists to demonstrate that women are never satisfied. Good-bye and have a nice life.' :lol:

Rem

remdog
08-22-2002, 04:06 PM
With appologies to the distaff side of the board. ;)

Rem

Mario_Soto
08-22-2002, 04:10 PM
Remdog....:lol:

Rojo
08-22-2002, 04:34 PM
Hey Rem, I was at Laguna Seca for the historics on Sat and Sunday. Maybe you saw me, I was the white guy in the baseball cap.

remdog
08-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Sorry to have missed you Rojo. Let's see, were you the 'white guy in the baseball cap' or the 'guy in the white baseball cap'? ;)

I was in the Marriott Newport Coast Villas booth. Sorry I missed you but I think we're doing the race there next month. I'll probably either be there or at the Monterey Jazz Festival the same weekend. I don't have my assignment yet.

Next time, stop by and say hi! Would love to meet a fellow 'zoner' on the left coast.

Rem

creek14
08-22-2002, 04:54 PM
Hey Rem, would we have found you in the Bargin Basement section of that store? ;) :angel:

westofyou
08-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Hey Rem, would we have found you in the Bargin Basement section of that store?

Ouch!!

I guess that's better than the 25 cent bin on the sidewalk.

CougarQuest
08-22-2002, 06:35 PM
OK, OK, OK...... Let me let you in on something, if you PROMISE not to pass it on. OK? Fine, here it is...

I have requested certain people from around the country to do some SERP undercover operations. If you people keep bringing up that they aren't posting, you are going to blow their cover. If you are at a ballgame and you see a guy that looks like this :alien: or this :hat: or has a look of :evilgrin: , just raise your beer and :beerme: and put on your :cool: , so you can look around so no one can see you looking around. When the SERP undercover ops complete their tasks as given, the Reds will be in the playoffs, and the other teams will be scratching their head wondering how they fell off the map.

Oh and rem, I said get to the other players, not be a playa, I need your activity report ASAP, so I can see where we need to go from here. Thanks.

TeamBoone
08-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ramp101
as far as i know it was a go...i dont exactly know the players but brad penny and ty howington were involved...i think florida wanted austin kearns back ....

This is the first time I've read this thread so sorry that this question comes from the second post but appears on the page 3!

What exactly did you mean by the Marlins wanted Austin Kearns "back"? As the Reds drafted him, to my knowledge the Marlins never had him... or am I totally reading this wrong.

Thanks.

ramp101
08-22-2002, 08:41 PM
sorry if i confused you...i meant to say the marlins wanted austin kearns "back" in a trade if penny was involved

remdog
08-23-2002, 12:22 AM
Creek:

I may be cheap but I ain't no bargain! :evilgrin:

Rem

RFS62
08-23-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by remdog
Creek:

I may be cheap but I ain't no bargain! :evilgrin:

Rem

We're not cheap, Rem. We're reasonably priced.

:hat:

remdog
08-23-2002, 01:11 AM
True, 62. And housebroken, too! :p

Rem

Larkin Fan
08-23-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil in BG

Hey Phil,

Thanks for noticing my absence. I still read the board regularly, but I've pretty much lost my desire to post on a regular basis. I've been dealing with some health issues of late again, so that's definitely been my top priority.

BTW, I just realized that I don't have your e-mail address. So drop me a line, if you'd like. All of us from the CincyTalk family need to stick together and keep in touch.

You know, it's saddening. The majority of my (and so many other posters) favorite posters have either left or hardly post anymore. This includes guys like Redstorm, 62, Spitball, M2, among many others. It's a great loss for this board not to have all of these great contributors contributing on a regular basis.

Red in DC
08-23-2002, 09:53 PM
I'd like to add my support for the missing Team Clark and Redstorm, not to mention all the missing posters Larkin Fan mentioned (and you too Larkin Fan). Team Clark brought the insider's perspective without being condescending or defensive, and seemed to know where to draw the line about releasing information. Redstorm has been my favorite poster all the way back to the days when all we had was the muck of the Enquirer board. He was insightful, he put great thought into his posts, and he would admit when he got it wrong. Truly both Team Clark and Redstorm are class acts. Perhaps we will see them both again in the glory year to come of 2003, with the GAB and a young but hungry team running away with the Central.

Phil in BG
08-24-2002, 08:49 AM
I think many of us from the old Enquirer board drew together as a result of all the turmoil there. Those of us that were attacked by Nux especially. Many are missing now due to health reasons or busy schedules.....very understandable. Team Clark and Red Storm, IMO, are missing because of the apparent atack relating to their scoops on possible trades with the Marlins. They didn't do anything wrong other than letting us in on inside information. True, they didn't happen, but there is no doubt there were talks in the works. Most of us would welcome both of you back without any admonition. Hopefully you're just on sabbatical.