PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Garcia to the REDS?????

dunner13
07-14-2006, 10:45 AM
This is just speculation. But it is true that the white sox have been calling teams and telling them that garcia is available for relief pitching. We just gave up alot for 2 relievers. So is it possible that were going to send one of them or todd coffey in a deal for garcia. I would love to have garcia here, he would improve our rotation greatly. Im not sure if Krivsky would trade any relievers considering how horrible our bullpen has been. But if they will take coffey and larue for garcia, I would do it in a second.

Rob Dicken
07-14-2006, 10:48 AM
I don't see the point in trading 2 pitchers for another pitcher. This is something Jim Bowden would've done in his era with the Reds and what he is still doing with the Nats.

If the Reds go for Garcia, expect a package deal. Garcia's stock is low right now, seeing as his ERA is damn near 5.00. So, I would expect a trade possibly for LaRue and some Minor Leaguers, but nothing more than that. Not too many expendable guys on the roster right now besides that.

Jpup
07-14-2006, 10:49 AM
This is just speculation. But it is true that the white sox have been calling teams and telling them that garcia is available for relief pitching. We just gave up alot for 2 relievers. So is it possible that were going to send one of them or todd coffey in a deal for garcia. I would love to have garcia here, he would improve our rotation greatly. Im not sure if Krivsky would trade any relievers considering how horrible our bullpen has been. But if they will take coffey and larue for garcia, I would do it in a second.

How about Griffey for Garcia? It fills a need for both teams. Maybe the Sox will throw in Anderson. btw, I'm on board with getting Garcia as long as Dunn, Edwin, Votto, or Bailey are not involved.

Rob Dicken
07-14-2006, 10:52 AM
How about Griffey for Garcia? It fills a need for both teams. btw, I'm on board with getting Garcia as long as Dunn, Edwin, Votto, or Bailey are not involved.

I know that's PURE speculation, but it won't happen. LMAO :laugh:

As I mentioned before, we don't need to trade our power hitters.

captainmorgan07
07-14-2006, 10:55 AM
were not gonna give up relief pitching after wejust gave up to starters to get it there's no way wayne would do that jimbo in his own crazy world would prolly but we have a smart gm now not a dumb one

dunner13
07-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Looks like the white sox are going to trade either garcia or vasquez to the phillies for Tom Gordon.

Red Leader
07-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Looks like the white sox are going to trade either garcia or vasquez to the phillies for Tom Gordon.

and I pray that doesn't happen considering I have Gordon on my fantasy team. From the sounds of it, the Phillies are going to try and make a run here over the next 2-3 weeks so nothing is going to happen until right up at the deadline's final hours. If the Phils are out of the hunt at that time, then they're going to be sellers. Lieberthal, Abreu, Burrell, Gordon and others are most likely to be moved.

I'm not sure the White Sox are going to wait that long to move Garcia or Vazquez and get bullpen help. I'm hoping another team swoops in there and gets one of those two before the Phils are ready to move Gordon.

redsmetz
07-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Garcia's on for $10M next year. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere next year.

Heath
07-14-2006, 11:52 AM
There's a certain poster around here who would absoultely faint if Javier Vasquez was a Red.

:D

Always Red
07-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Actually, reading this report made me feel a lot better about yesterday's trade. The Sox are willing to give up a front line starter for a set-up guy, an 8th inning guy. I think it's as much an indication of how the game has changed than anything else. The Sox are playing for it all, they recognize their weakness and are dealing from a position of strength, as they have a young stud ready to step in.

But looking at yesterday's trade, at face value, it looks like we gave up 2 starters for 2 middle relievers. Well, we did. The Sox are willing to give a starting pitcher for the same. Just maybe the value of those middle-late innings are worth more than I have thought they were in the past.

I'd rather win games 5-4 than lose them 9-8.

Red Leader
07-14-2006, 12:20 PM
it just figures that the Reds have no relievers do deal in a year where they are overpriced.