PDA

View Full Version : curious on deno...

jmac
07-14-2006, 06:59 PM
i have been workin alot of hours this summer so havent read much.why are there sooo many denorfia cracks ???from comments and sigs you would think this kid has an A-ROD type opinion of himself.
are you guys just havin fun or does he think he really is "superman"?

also how is his arm compared to kearns(seriuosly please)?? range ?? speed ??
thanx

FutureRedsGM
07-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Well, I am definitely not the expert, but living in Louisville, I have seen him play 3 times this year. From what I have seen (and read) I would say:

Range: Deno
Outfield Coverage (Speed): Deno
Arm: Kearns
Hit for Average: Deno
Hit for Power: Kearns
Basepath Speed: Deno

That about covers what little knowledge that I have. Hope that helps.

jmac
07-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, I am definitely not the expert, but living in Louisville, I have seen him play 3 times this year. From what I have seen (and read) I would say:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

FutureRedsGM
07-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Something that I should have included in that initial post . . .

Proven MLB Ability: KEARNS!!!!!

NastyBoy
07-14-2006, 10:13 PM
i have been workin alot of hours this summer so havent read much.why are there sooo many denorfia cracks ???from comments and sigs you would think this kid has an A-ROD type opinion of himself.

thanx

A great arm is useless without accuracy... which has been part of kearns problem this season. I trust Krinsky's judgment of players talent and he thinks he is ready to be the primary rightfielder.

"It's his time," GM Wayne Krivsky said. "We think he's ready."

goreds2
07-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Denorfia has made all the plays the last two nights.

TOBTTReds
07-14-2006, 11:36 PM

I think it started because there were a bunch of people saying Deno should be up here because he can do a lot of things at an above average level. So it basically got carried away that Deno could do everything, hit, field, pitch, be the entire bullpen....

jimbo
07-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Something that I should have included in that initial post . . .

Proven MLB Ability: KEARNS!!!!!

I have to question whether his MLB ability actually is proven being that he has yet to play a full season. I'd like to see just that before i call him proven.

jimbo
07-14-2006, 11:43 PM
A great arm is useless without accuracy... which has been part of kearns problem this season.

To Kearns defense, he threw a runner out at home tonight from CF on a very nice one hopper. Lopez also commited his 15th error of the season.

Razor Shines
07-14-2006, 11:46 PM

thanx
I haven't been around here long, but I don't think any of it has anything to do with Deno's opinion of himself or his attitude. It's kind of like a cult following he has though, I'm a fan of the show 24 and people do the same type of thing with that show's character, like the top 1000 Chris Denorfia facts and things like that. It's pretty funny I think.

WrongVerb
07-15-2006, 12:13 AM

Ears: Kearns

There...fixed it for ya

KronoRed
07-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Deno is the best player

Ever

;)

Elam
07-15-2006, 01:29 AM

Deno has a pretty good arm though, IIRC he was rated by BA with the best arm in the minor league system pre-Bruce.

dougdirt
07-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Deno has a pretty good arm though, IIRC he was rated by BA with the best arm in the minor league system pre-Bruce.
That is correct, although when he got that honor, they couldnt spell his name correctly. The spelled it Donorfia.

lucky bugle boy
07-15-2006, 01:46 AM
So, Chuck Norris pitches to Deno. What happens?

KronoRed
07-15-2006, 01:53 AM
Nuclear explosion

crazybob60
07-15-2006, 02:14 AM
I just hope and pray he can live up to half of what everybody thinks that he can....imagine if he can turn out to be a five-tool guy....boy would this trade really turn out in our favor then...even though Deno wasn't involved 'directly'.

Unassisted
07-15-2006, 02:28 PM
In football, there's a cliche that if things aren't going well on offense, the backup quarterback is the most popular guy on the team. Denorfia has been the Reds equivalent to the backup QB this year. Now we'll get to see if that "popularity" was justified. ;)

NastyBoy
07-18-2006, 03:36 PM
To Kearns defense, he threw a runner out at home tonight from CF on a very nice one hopper. Lopez also commited his 15th error of the season.

The throws I am speaking of don't show up as an errors... just an observation of some of his throws this season not being exactly on the money as we have come to expect.

smith288
07-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Nuclear explosion
Pffff

The world as we know it would cease to be and we would enter a paradox of irony and unreasonables.

Its not a pretty thought. Iran/North Korea issues would be like playing with Tonka trucks in the sand box in comparison...

Sheep teaching wolves how to cook
Sun freezing water
Trees breathing in oxygen
Round pegs fitting into square holes.

Insanity i tell you.

Puffy
07-18-2006, 03:58 PM

Did you ever see that Bugs Bunny episode where Bugs pitches and plays all 9 positions and the guy at bat is swinging a tree.

yeah, thats what it would be.

texasdave
07-18-2006, 04:05 PM
not many folks know this but deno and jim coombs were twins separated at birth. only difference being coombs was raised by wolves....