PDA

View Full Version : Leading wild card again

UPRedsFan
07-15-2006, 10:08 AM
The Reds jumped back into the lead for the wild card last night with the Dodgers loss to the Cardinals.

Is there any doubt we would have lost the last 2 games without Guardado on the scene? We may or may not have gotten fleeced, but at least these 3 additional arms give us all hope for the rest of the season instead of watching it fritter away.

Rob Dicken
07-15-2006, 10:13 AM
I am happy we got Guardado. The other arms have yet to prove anything in a Reds uniform, but I am sure they will pan out, nonetheless.

MaineRed
07-15-2006, 10:40 AM
I like Everyday Eddie's energy.

And I like what I am hearing about the National imports talents.

Some talent and some energy. Minus Todd Coffey, two things we haven't had a lot of.

goreds2
07-15-2006, 07:05 PM
We need to win the division. I do not want to play the Mets in the first round. Although, if we have to, we have to. ;)

cincy09
07-15-2006, 07:17 PM
If you have to play the best team maybe it's better to play them in the short series. I like our top starters as much as theirs. Anything can happen in a short 5 game series.

goreds2
07-15-2006, 07:42 PM
If you have to play the best team maybe it's better to play them in the short series. I like our top starters as much as theirs. Anything can happen in a short 5 game series.

Very good point. :redcap:

bengalred
07-15-2006, 10:03 PM
We're talking playoffs in the middle of July. Isn't it great???

RBA
07-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Print The Tickets!

goreds2
07-15-2006, 10:29 PM

Another, VERY GOOD POINT.

SirFelixCat
07-16-2006, 09:40 AM
We need to win the division. I do not want to play the Mets in the first round. Although, if we have to, we have to. ;)

I like our SP vs theirs and our "O" vs theirs in their park.

Print the tix ;)

Phil in BG
07-16-2006, 09:52 AM
We wouldn't be talking like this if the bullpen hadn't been strengthened. I think we'll be in the race to the end now.

Jpup
07-16-2006, 10:01 AM
I like our SP vs theirs and our "O" vs theirs in their park.

Print the tix ;)

:eek:

Rocket_Fuel
07-16-2006, 01:03 PM

BOOYAHH!!!!:beerme:

Rocket_Fuel
07-16-2006, 01:05 PM
If the Reds bullpen acquisition settles down and solidifies the pen we will be in the catbird seat in the Wild Card standings. The Reds bullpen has KILLED them and they are STILL the best non-division leading team in the National League. Amazing.

BoomerSoonerRed
07-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Getting the wildcard isn't necessarily a bad thing if you go by recent history. Astros last year, Red Sox in 2004, Marlins in 2003, Angels and Giants in 2002.

Jpup
07-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Getting the wildcard isn't necessarily a bad thing if you go by recent history. Astros last year, Red Sox in 2004, Marlins in 2003, Angels and Giants in 2002.

I would much rather have the division. I would hate to play the Mets. They are really good.

Tornon
07-17-2006, 01:59 AM
If we do make the playoffs.. who pitches game #3 for us?

Elizardo who has been cosistent but may not be able to handle the pressure at 23?

Or Milton who has gone through it before but has shown a higher degree of suckitude than Ramirez thus far in the regular season?

reds44
07-17-2006, 01:59 AM
I would much rather have the division. I would hate to play the Mets. They are really good.
If you want to go to the World Series, you are going to have to play them anyway. Might as well play them while they have probably had it on cruise control for a few weeks.

If we do make the playoffs.. who pitches game #3 for us?

Elizardo who has been cosistent but may not be able to handle the pressure at 23?

Or Milton who has gone through it before but has shown a higher degree of suckitude than Ramirez thus far in the regular season?
Depends how the 2nd half goes. If the playoffs started today I would go with EZ.

However lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Jpup
07-17-2006, 02:01 AM
If you want to go to the World Series, you are going to have to play them anyway. Might as well play them while they have probably had it on cruise control for a few weeks.

However lets not get ahead of ourselves.

somebody else could beat them first. I don't see how they won't be in the World Series, but that is why they play the games.

thatcoolguy_22
07-17-2006, 02:33 AM
a little early for playoff talk... This is an even numbered year correct? However I do like the posistion that our team is in at the moment. Also people check out how young Coffey, Maj, and Bray all are. We have a good chance of maintaining a solid bullpen for years to come...

KronoRed
07-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Milton + Playoffs = :explode:

SirFelixCat
07-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Milton + Playoffs = :explode:

Well, to be honest, if it were at Shea, Milton wouldn't be a bad choice, imo (did I really just say that?!?) As much of a pitcher's park as that is, really, might not be that bad of an idea...