PDA

View Full Version : the 16 games after the break ...

gonelong
07-17-2006, 12:42 AM
I wonder how dramatic the change in atmosphere has been in the clubhouse this year? I'd have to think that the players stood up and took notice that the team is not paying lip service to trying to win. They mean it, they back it up with not words, but actions.

Krivsky called out the 16 games before the trading deadline as an important stretch and they didn't want to let those games get away by waiting for a trade at the deadline.

A quick look at the schedule shows COL, NYM, MIL, HOU, & MIL again as those 16 games, all teams in the wild card race, or in the case of the Mets, a division leader.

So far so good, the Reds come out of the gate winning 4 straight. If the Reds can hang around for another 6-8 games, I think the Reds make another deal or two to make a solid run at the playoffs this season.

GL

keeganbrick
07-17-2006, 12:44 AM
#1 priority
- Get a replacement for Mays/Claussen in the rotation

goreds2
07-17-2006, 10:23 PM
#1 priority
- Get a replacement for Mays/Claussen in the rotation

It would be nice to get a # 5 starter. Krivsky made a great point saying we needed to make the deal now and not waste 16 games. :clap:

Nugget
07-17-2006, 10:30 PM
But I think we only need the #5 starter once in the 16 games?

I think what they will need is a right hand power bat off the bench for the later innings.

goreds2
07-17-2006, 10:37 PM
But I think we only need the #5 starter once in the 16 games?

I think what they will need is a right hand power bat off the bench for the later innings.

(Reggie Sanders? ;) )

keeganbrick
07-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Yea, we def need to acquire those 2 things before the deadline. If we got into the playoffs and faced a team with 2 good lefties, ouch.

crazybob60
07-18-2006, 06:17 AM
I think a trade with Kansas City is almost imminent. Reggie Sanders and Elmer Dessens/Mark Redman (hopefully Redman and not Dessens) are most likely headed our way. That would be really nice!!!

And yes, these next 12 games (was 16) are very important and it would be very nice if we could just drill off win after win and can you imagine if we could pull off another nice stretch of wins like we just had? I wonder if Krivsky would be more opt to pull a big trade if we could post some wins such as that?

Redhook
07-18-2006, 07:30 AM
It would be nice to get a # 5 starter. Krivsky made a great point saying we needed to make the deal now and not waste 16 games. :clap:

We already have a #5 starter: Milton. Another good starter, a 3 or better, will give us a great chance at making the playoffs and a chance in the playoffs. Without adding another good starter, we'll struggle in the playoffs if we make it.

ThatPitchIsDunn
07-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Yea, we def need to acquire those 2 things before the deadline. If we got into the playoffs and faced a team with 2 good lefties, ouch.

We'll just put six Rich Aurilias in the lineup if that happens. Narron would go crazy with all the veteran leadership out there.