PDA

View Full Version : Why is WLW Delayed Tonight?

nineworldseries
07-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Sitting here in the cheap seats listening to Marty call the game as usual, but he is a few seconds behind the action on the field. Any reason for this? It's getting a little annoying to tell the truth.

KittyDuran
07-18-2006, 07:29 PM
It feels as if as if it's in sync with the TV broadcast... (not the 7 second delay as usual)

keeganbrick
07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
I dont like it when its ahead of the TV bc you know what happens before it actually does. Its way behind tonight though, they just cant time it right.

KittyDuran
07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
OK, it is about a second behind the TV broadcast...:eek:

Matt700wlw
07-18-2006, 07:31 PM
It's out of "delay," but with the High Definition signal we now have, there's still going to be a slight delay...

keeganbrick
07-18-2006, 07:32 PM
OK, it is about a second behind the TV broadcast...:eek:
It's literally about 5 seconds behind for me.

JEA
07-18-2006, 08:03 PM
A Tivo or DVR box can also play into the mix.

keeganbrick
07-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Now its back to normal, ha.

Unassisted
07-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Despite what Matt says about HD, I think they're afraid the Reds performance will cause Marty to use naughty words that'll get the station into trouble with the FCC. To prevent this, they've put a delay on the audio and Matt's actually back at the station with his finger on the "dump button" waiting for f-bombs.. :evil:

DropDocK
07-18-2006, 11:38 PM
I was sitting in section 522 and they were a pitch behind the first few innings. Then I mysteriously lost the signal for awhile. Or my radio is funky.

goreds2
07-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Despite what Matt says about HD, I think they're afraid the Reds performance will cause Marty to use naughty words that'll get the station into trouble with the FCC. To prevent this, they've put a delay on the audio and Matt's actually back at the station with his finger on the "dump button" waiting for f-bombs.. :evil:

On the Tracy Jones show Sunday, the S word got through. Tracy played it very calm and went on with the conversation.

Just a note that the XM satellite radio baseball broadcasts are usually around 12 seconds behind the TV broadcast. It is nice having TIVO.

redsfan1966
07-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I too noticed the delay on Tuesday nites game...and the thing that burns me most is that when I called the Reds Radio Network during the second inning about the delay on WLW, I was told the game "is not in delay!" and then the guy who answered the phone just stayed silent as I has told him the game was way out of sync with FSN (which isnt usually the case)...I guess the guy was right in that by denying and staying silent I would just hang up...

Our local affiliate (Columbus) also has the HD signal which does cause a considerable delay until sun down for some reason which they couldnt or wouldnt explain to me...I guess I may just have to give up listening to Marty, Steve and Joe on the radio and go straight TV with George and Chris..which honestly is a hard thing for me to accept since I have being doing the TV sound down, radio on for many, many years....or I guess I may have to pony up for tivo or dvr....greaaat

goreds2
07-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I too noticed the delay on Tuesday nites game...and the thing that burns me most is that when I called the Reds Radio Network during the second inning about the delay on WLW, I was told the game "is not in delay!" and then the guy who answered the phone just stayed silent as I has told him the game was way out of sync with FSN (which isnt usually the case)...I guess the guy was right in that by denying and staying silent I would just hang up...

Our local affiliate (Columbus) also has the HD signal which does cause a considerable delay until sun down for some reason which they couldnt or wouldnt explain to me...I guess I may just have to give up listening to Marty, Steve and Joe on the radio and go straight TV with George and Chris..which honestly is a hard thing for me to accept since I have being doing the TV sound down, radio on for many, many years....or I guess I may have to pony up for tivo or dvr....greaaat

TIVO/DVR via cable is about maybe $5 extra a month. Call your cable company.

Matt700wlw
07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Now its back to normal, ha.

Maybe the WLW producer forgot to take it out of delay originally and then realized it needed to be.

It happens. :D