PDA

View Full Version : You Would Think Bowden Would Want Milton?

Krusty
07-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Let's face it, Milton will never be successful pitching in the Great American Ballpark. Best scenario would be for him to pitch in a pitcher's ballpark like Dodger Stadium or RFK.

So, that brings this interesting trade idea:

Eric Milton to Washington for RHP Tony Armas.

Now Armas can be a free agent at the end of the season. He just came off the DL. The Reds would hopefully get an upgrade over Milton for the stretch run while getting out of his contract for the 2007 season. Milton would probably have better success pitching at the vast canyon called RFK.

Makes sense to me. You think the Nationals would bite?

Jr's Boy
07-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Nope,not unless Jimbo can talk the Nats into spending about 15 million.

edabbs44
07-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I know he was hot for Milton last year.

Heath
07-18-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't think Jimbo's that stupid.

If there's any other park (besides Yellowstone) that can handle Milton - its RFK.

KronoRed
07-18-2006, 10:46 PM
He won't take our mistakes

Big Daddy P
07-18-2006, 10:55 PM
How much longer can they send uncle Milty out to the slaughter?
This is rediculous. This is beyond absurd.

Milty sucks, he stinks out loud, he stinks on ice, etc.,etc....

And while I'm ranting, Griffey is pathetic, sorry, a mere shell of what he used to be. Please remove him from the 3 hole. He's a rally killer. I'd rather see Freel playing. Maybe some sucka team would take him for a pitcher with an era below 4! Yeah, I can dream...

I'd love to slap Milty and Grif.

Krusty
07-18-2006, 10:57 PM
The Mets are looking for a starting pitcher. One guy who's value is down is RHP Aaron Heilman. During spring training, the Mets intended to use him as a starter but decided he was worth more to them in the bullpen. Heilman admitted he was disappointed when he was returning to the bullpen and his numbers haven't been that impressive this season.

Still, maybe the Amazings would have interest in a Heilman for Milton deal. The Reds could stretch Heilman out over the next three or four starts. When you're the fourth or fifth starter, six innings is consider a good outing.

Rob Dicken
07-18-2006, 11:01 PM
How much longer can they send uncle Milty out to the slaughter?
This is rediculous. This is beyond absurd.

Milty sucks, he stinks out loud, he stinks on ice, etc.,etc....

And while I'm ranting, Griffey is pathetic, sorry, a mere shell of what he used to be. Please remove him from the 3 hole. He's a rally killer. I'd rather see Freel playing. Maybe some sucka team would take him for a pitcher with an era below 4! Yeah, I can dream...

I'd love to slap Milty and Grif.

Playing Freel before Griffey has only one advantage.....defense.

Freel can't produce like Griffey. And Griffey is just having a slump. All players have them, and they break out of them.

Well....Griffey will at least. LOL

Cicero
07-18-2006, 11:13 PM
I must disagree on Griffey being a "shell of what he used to be." He has 19 home runs after missing nearly a month of baseball. He has declined a little bit,but find me a 30+ player that hasn't. (prescription induced success does not count)

Jr's Boy
07-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Milton kept us in the game till Beltran,he should have been taken out of the game.Blame Narron.

Cicero
07-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Milton kept us in the game till Beltran,he should have been taken out of the game.Blame Narron.

Agreed. How many grand slams have we given up this year by the way? I could be wrong, but it seems like we have given up quite a few. Unfortunately most of them in close games we had a chance to win.

EKURed
07-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Tonight was Narron's baby. We traded for bullpen help....USE IT Baseball Guy!!!

registerthis
07-19-2006, 09:31 AM
No more trading with the Nats, please.

Thank you.

REDREAD
07-19-2006, 09:32 AM
The chance to pawn Milton off on Washington has passed.

While Bowden was all hot and heavy for Kearns and Lopez.. that was the time to try to expand the deal to include Milton for Armas (or something else). The Reds should've agreed to pay Milton's salary for the rest of the year.

Unless you want to add Dunn or Encarcion to Milton, I can't see why Bowden would be motivated to even consider getting Milton.

vic715
07-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Milton has kept the Reds in the game most of his starts this year. Until that dreadfull 7th inning last nite he had only given up 3 hits.I know 2 left the yard but it wasn't like he was being beat all over the place like he used to.