PDA

View Full Version : Question about food in the stadium

Dunner44
07-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Ok, so I never before realized that soft sided coolers were allowed in the stadium. Normally, it wouldn't matter anyway, because I'll just grab a bottle of water and be set, but I'm taking my brother today, and bringing in something for him would be a plus.

So here's my question: What can I bring in inside my soft sided cooler? Would some fried chicken in aluminum foil work? Sandwich in a zip lock bag? Thanks guys!

dabvu2498
07-19-2006, 11:14 AM
No glass bottles or cans may be brought into Great American Ball Park. Guests are welcome to bring in soft drinks and water provided they are in clear plastic bottles and the safety seal has not been broken. Insulated foam cups/containers from restaurants, convenience stores or gas stations, etc. are not permitted in Great American Ball Park.
I've seen families with pretty complete picnic lunches in there. Sandwiches, baggies of pretzels, snack packs. Don't know how much "sneaking" past security was involved.

goreds2
07-19-2006, 11:19 AM
From the Reds website:

BOTTLES AND CANS
No glass bottles or cans may be brought into Great American Ball Park. Guests are welcome to bring in soft drinks and water provided they are in clear plastic bottles and the safety seal has not been broken. Insulated foam cups/containers from restaurants, convenience stores or gas stations, etc. are not permitted in Great American Ball Park.

COOLERS
Guests are welcome to bring SOFT-SIDED coolers into Great American Ball Park provided the coolers' dimensions do not exceed the 16" x 16" x 8" inch Major League Baseball size requirement. HARD-SIDED coolers of any size are prohibited from entering the ballpark. Coolers and all carry-in items are always subject to inspection by Reds personnel prior to entrance to the ballpark or at any time while inside the ballpark.
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/ballpark/cin_ballpark_gabp_azguide.jsp

Brian
07-19-2006, 11:35 AM
They don't have restrictions on food items, at least that I know of. Took a turkey sandwich and a bag of chips in earlier this year, no problem.

ThatsAStrike
07-19-2006, 11:36 AM
I've brought in footlong Subway sandwiches and bags of chips before, and I almost always would bring a 20 ounce bottle of Coca-Cola or two. Never had a problem. That's one of my favorite things about GABP. Many other ballparks won't let you bring drinks in with you.

flyer85
07-19-2006, 11:39 AM
So here's my question: What can I bring in inside my soft sided cooler? Would some fried chicken in aluminum foil work? Sandwich in a zip lock bag? Thanks guys!yep :thumbup:

07-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Along with a Subway, I have taken in cans of Pringles many times. I saw a guy in there once who carried a pizza box in.

goreds2
07-19-2006, 12:26 PM
At a Columbus Clippers game this year, an older gentleman beside me had a sack of White Castle burgers. I lucked out and did not experience any "aftermath" from him. :clap:

LoganBuck
07-19-2006, 12:34 PM
A guy next to me at my last game had been to Skyline and had a large 3 way and several coneys, and his wife had some massive salad.

CincyFalcon
07-19-2006, 01:23 PM
That is a nice thing about GABP, being able to bring things in...They will not allow you to bring in a bottle of water at the Jake...

KittyDuran
07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
That is a nice thing about GABP, being able to bring things in...They will not allow you to bring in a bottle of water at the Jake...Can't bring anything in at 5/3rd Field in Dayton...:(

goreds2
07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
For anyone seeing the Columbus Clippers:

CARRY-IN POLICY – NO ALCOHOL, CANS OR GLASS BOTTLES ARE ALLOWED TO BE BROUGHT INTO COOPER STADIUM. We do allow fans to bring in food & beverages in small backpacks, bags and coolers. Carry-ins must be small enough to fit under your seat comfortably, and are subject to search. We provide containers at Gates #1, #2 & #3 to check the size of your carry-ins.

Benny-Distefano
07-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I still have the auto-repeat messege memorized from old Riverfront Stadium..

"Cans, bottles, and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the yadayadayadayada..."

HumnHilghtFreel
07-19-2006, 04:52 PM
At a Columbus Clippers game this year, an older gentleman beside me had a sack of White Castle burgers. I lucked out and did not experience any "aftermath" from him. :clap:

I've sat near people at the Coop who might as well have brought their dining room table with them.

nineworldseries
07-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I saw some dude with a gigantic hardsided cooler in there the other day. Did he bribe security or something I wonder? :D