PDA

View Full Version : No Edwin Again Tonight...

EKURed
07-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Just heard on 1530 that Encarnacion is not in the lineup again tonight. This is getting to be absurd.

reds44
07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Just heard on 1530 that Encarnacion is not in the lineup again tonight. This is getting to be absurd.
Did they give a reason why?

OnBaseMachine
07-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I hope they trade Edwin for a pitcher. I would rather see him go somewhere else and have a great career rather than rot away on the Reds bench.

Matt700wlw
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm fine with Rich in there...he is on an 11 game hitting streak. However, in that 11 game hitting streak, he's driven in 5 runs.

Edwin is killer with runners in scoring position, and blows Rich out of the water in that category. He needs to play.

Phillips could use a day (or 2) off, he's really struggled as of late.....I'd move Aurilia to 2nd today if nothing else.

Matt700wlw
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Did they give a reason why?

No, but Edwin took extra infielding practice again today with Bucky Dent

smith288
07-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Fire Narron!

Im joining your signature in chorus

smith288
07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
No, but Edwin took extra infielding practice again today with Bucky Dent
Which means nothing to me. Rich should play, but not at the detriment of Edwin. UGH!

Matt700wlw
07-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Which means nothing to me. Rich should play, but not at the detriment of Edwin. UGH!

I'm with you there.

reds44
07-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Freel back in there

As expected, Ryan Freel is starting in right field and leading off tonight, with Denorfia getting a day off. And, for those who seem increasingly obsessed with the third base situation, Rich Aurilia is starting there again. Keep in mind that he's riding an 11-game hitting streak.

For the record, a sweat-soaked Edwin Encarnacion just wrapped up a session of early work with Bucky Dent at third base

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

At least Narron is rewarding hard work.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree.

Caveat Emperor
07-19-2006, 03:48 PM

He understands defense, apparently -- and Edwin just doesn't play it consistently.

I'm sure Edwin realizes that better defense is his ticket into the lineup as well -- hence the extra work with Bucky Dent.

As for BP -- he needs to hit his way out of this slump. I like the team playing him as a show of confidence in the kid. Beyond that, he's the only guy on the infield with plus defensive skills -- I don't even want to imagine an infield of Edwin, Clayton, Aurillia, and Hatteberg unless Milton is pitching -- in which case an extra outfielder might be more valuable than a 2nd baseman.

And, for those who seem increasingly obsessed with the third base situation, Rich Aurilia is starting there again. Keep in mind that he's riding an 11-game hitting streak.

Oh yeah, and chin up 44 -- I've never been name-checked in a Lancaster blog before. ;)

markymark69
07-19-2006, 03:51 PM

I agree, I cannot figure this out. Especially since Narron talked about how hard he works on his game. Unbelieveable. I Like Aurilia, but if he is keeping Encarnacion from playing, then I hope the Padre trade rumor becomes reality.

Heath
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
:bang:

Plus, my quasi-game thread on ORG got closed.

Rats. Not my day. Hopefully the drive down will be nice.

Plus my winning % of 1.000 on going to a Reds game is up today.

So much for a quick game, Steve Trachsel the human rain delay is pitching tonight. Ugh.

OesterPoster
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
...unless Milton is pitching -- in which case an extra outfielder might be more valuable than a 2nd baseman.

Only if he's positioned in the moon deck. ;)

registerthis
07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Extra infield practice is nice, but personally I'd rather see EE getting that work in an actual game situation.

Bravo for Rich's streak, but I hate the fact that it's robbing Encarnacion of playing. Stick Rich at first base if you want to keep him in the lineup, Encarnacion needs to play.

Matt700wlw
07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
I agree, I cannot figure this out. Especially since Narron talked about how hard he works on his game. Unbelieveable. I Like Aurilia, but if he is keeping Encarnacion from playing, then I hope the Padre trade rumor becomes reality.

I missed the Padres rumor (I think)....what was it?

reds44
07-19-2006, 03:59 PM
It wasn't even a rumor. The Padres are looking for a vet 3rd baseman.

HBP
07-19-2006, 04:00 PM

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48486&highlight=Padres

Matt700wlw
07-19-2006, 04:00 PM

Oh.....well, get on the phone, Wayne! :D

redsmetz
07-19-2006, 04:04 PM

I've been saying this all day. I think they're pumping up Rich's value, show we're trading a regular, a guy who can play day in and day out.

reds44
07-19-2006, 04:05 PM
I've been saying this all day. I think they're pumping up Rich's value, show we're trading a regular, a guy who can play day in and day out.
Rich playing everyday has nothing do with showcasing him for a trade, and nothing to do with Edwin's ankle. Narron simply feels he is a better all around ballplayer then Edwin.

Ibleedblue
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I really truly hope we are just showcasing Aurillia. I would hate to think that Narron truly prefers him at 3rd. This is Aurillia/Lopez from last year all over again and I am sick of it. Why do managers have such a fetish with Aurillia? I mean, he's a good player and I don't mind him playing, except when he is playing in front of better, younger talent.

Puffy
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Only if he's positioned in the moon deck. ;)

OesterPoster - nice freakin' handle!

:laugh:

Puffy
07-19-2006, 04:07 PM

I posted yesterday that the way I saw all this was that Narron just prefers Aurilia over EdE at third.

Out of the two of our theories, man, do I hope yours is the correct one!

KronoRed
07-19-2006, 04:08 PM
How can he improve his D if he's never playing?

Phillips to SS..Rich to 2nd..EE to 3rd

Do it now.

KronoRed
07-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Trade rich and Castro becomes the 3rd baseman..just sayin ;)

pedro
07-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I hope they trade Edwin for a pitcher. I would rather see him go somewhere else and have a great career rather than rot away on the Reds bench.

no way. the guy is 23 and under the reds contol for 5 more years.

Ibleedblue
07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
The sad thing is... your probably 100% correct.

OnBaseMachine
07-19-2006, 04:14 PM
no way. the guy is 23 and under the reds contol for 5 more years.

But what's the point in holding on to him if he rides the bench and only plays once a week?

pedro
07-19-2006, 04:15 PM
But what's the point in holding on to him if he rides the bench and only plays once a week?

because even if he sat every game for the rest of the year he is still going to be here for 5 more years. Richa Aurilia isn't.

Plus I'm not convinced RA isn't being showcased.

pedro
07-19-2006, 04:16 PM

STOP IT! :)

registerthis
07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
STOP IT! :)

Hatteberg - Phillips - Clayton - Castro

now THAT'S an infield!!!

pedro
07-19-2006, 04:19 PM

now THAT'S an infield!!!

shoot me.

Falls City Beer
07-19-2006, 04:19 PM

now THAT'S an infield!!!

Cristian Guzman plays back up and pinch-runs.

flyer85
07-19-2006, 04:22 PM
This is getting to be absurd.actually that was 2 weeks ago, it has sinced moved on to sublime.

Caveat Emperor
07-19-2006, 04:24 PM

I hear Tony Womack is looking for work:

1B: Hatteberg
2B: Womack
SS: Clayton
3B: Castro

They prefer the term "Quantum Singularity" offense, though...

registerthis
07-19-2006, 04:26 PM

But where do we play Neifi Perez?

RichRed
07-19-2006, 04:26 PM
because even if he sat every game for the rest of the year he is still going to be here for 5 more years. Richa Aurilia isn't.

Are you sure? Just think of all the extra vetness he'll have when he's 39. ;)

James B.
07-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't see the big deal with Rich playing right now. I think it is just the case of Narron riding the hot hand. When Rich cools off EE will get more playing time.

Why do some of you want Narron fired? Is it just because he is not playing EE. There is not a manager alive that is going to make the correct move every time or one that is going to make all the moves that we would like. The reds are finally winning and that is the main thing. If W.K. was to fire Narron know he would look like an idiot.

EKURed
07-19-2006, 04:32 PM
What is it with Narron? What did anyone do to Wally Pipp Encarnacion? Am I imagining things or was Edwin pretty darn good when the Reds were really playing well early?

It seems since that since he signed the extension that he has lost his freakin' mind. I was going tonight, but between last night (I was there) and this absurdity of leaving Encarnacion out of the lineup again when this lineup is SCREAMING for offense, I'll pass. I mean EE is only hitting .323 with RISP. I guess that sucks now.

Phillips is 1 for his last 30. Give him a couple days off. Play Aurilia at 2nd and EE at 3rd. It doesn't have to be permanent....just give it a try!!!

WMR
07-19-2006, 04:38 PM
The only reason Krivsky would look like a fool for firing Narron is because it would further highlight the idiocy of his signing off on Narron's unearned mid-season contract extension.

oneupper
07-19-2006, 05:40 PM

They won't want Aurilia. They tried him already and was a bust. (2004).

dougdirt
07-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Rich playing everyday has nothing do with showcasing him for a trade, and nothing to do with Edwin's ankle. Narron simply feels he is a better all around ballplayer then Edwin.
Which is why Narron has earned the right of me no longer callling by anything other than Moron.

Hey Meat
07-19-2006, 05:55 PM
You can say what you want, playing Denorfia and Aurilia every night is showcasing. I doubt we can get what we need for either of those cats.

2001MUgrad
07-19-2006, 07:16 PM
I wish they would have kept Austin and Traded Edwin especially if they aren't going to play the boy. I like Rich as a fill in and pinch hitter. But, not batting 4th behind Griffey.