PDA

View Full Version : Positive Thread - 7 days after big trade

Red Rover
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Try to keep this thread positive please, too much negativity lately. I'm not pleading for or against the trade as time will only tell, but starting to see a trend maybe(small sample).

before trade
Reds averaging .80 Errors Per Game
Reds averaging 5.0 Runs Per Game - 5.2 RPG at GAB
Reds giving up 5.2 Runs Per Game - 5.7 RPG at GAB

after trade
Reds averaging .78 EPR
Reds averaging 5.0 RPG - 5.1 RPG at GAB
Reds giving up 5.1 RPG - 5.5 RPG at GAB

During last 7 days
Reds averaging .57 EPG
Reds averaging 4.7 RPG
Reds giving up 4.3 RPG

Also Griffey, Phillips (& Narron) are all slumping & Ross was on the DL. Fieldind & Pitching improving and Run Scoring remains virtually unchanged. Remember think positive.

Ltlabner
07-21-2006, 01:28 PM
There are two factors that I think will be critical to the remainder of the year.

1) Starters continuing to give us a good effort. I am worried here as BA and AH are showing signs of being tired. Milton and Lizzard have to turn in starts where they keep us in the game and eat a few innings. And we need to do a stadium wide lottery for "would you like to be the 5th starter" promotion night and replace Mays. This will keep the runs we give up decreasing.

2) Jr, Philips, EE and Ross. If those guys can get their groves back I have no fear of this offense missing a tick with the departure of AK and Lopez. But that is one heck of an IF. That's key for the runs per game to increase.

Fogetting the trade, you have to like to see the errors comming down along with the runs we are giving up. I hope that continues until October.

Red Rover
07-21-2006, 02:12 PM
I might research a little more and add Park Factor into the above figures. Could GAB show a better or worse trend?

Red Rover
07-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Updated original post to show home Park Factor.