PDA

View Full Version : Did Krivsky at least try to get Cordero or Rauch in the trade?

GOREDSGO32
07-22-2006, 05:29 PM
I mean you think if Krivsky played hardball, he coulda got Cordero or Jon Rauch, the other two BP pitchers on Washington with good ERA's?

I think if we got another bullpen pitcher out of the deal, instead of Clayton, more people would have liked this trade. And Bowden's infatuation with Reds players would have probably won him out in the long run I bet if Kriv decided to play hardball.

Matt700wlw
07-22-2006, 05:34 PM
I would think he tried to get the most out of his return, and made the best trade he could.

GOREDSGO32
07-22-2006, 05:37 PM
The way he talekd though is they needed a trade in a hurry. That kind of response makes me believe he rushed it, to get something done. Playing hardball with Bowden, I bet Jimmy would have folded and gave over one or the other if pressed.

fearofpopvol1
07-22-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't think the Reds could've gotten Cordero (as Bowden said recently that he is off limits). However, they should have tried for Rauch over Majewski. Maybe they did, I don't know. I think Rauch has got better stuff and is a bit more consistent.

IrishDavidKY
07-22-2006, 07:35 PM
I think Krivsky did what he could. I'm sure he tried to get more. We did get two minor leaguers, Harris and Thompson. Harris will probably never be more than a journeyman infielder, but who knows about Thompson.

Royals Fan
07-22-2006, 07:35 PM
In another postsomeone mentioned he tried to get to Joe Nathan from the Twins but Terry Ryan said no to his old frined, so tha tells me he was trying to get top notch closer and for most part no one will give one if they young and cheap for any postion players.

Crash Davis
07-23-2006, 07:16 PM
My two biggest problems with the trade:

1] Royce Clayton's presence means that the Reds will not be considering Phillips at SS & Freel at 2B. They're going to need that offense.

2] For as much as they gave up, I would have liked to have seen Rauch included. Cordero wasn't going anywhere, but Rauch?

Ltlabner
07-23-2006, 07:24 PM
The way he talekd though is they needed a trade in a hurry. That kind of response makes me believe he rushed it, to get something done. Playing hardball with Bowden, I bet Jimmy would have folded and gave over one or the other if pressed.

Playhard ball...let more weeks drag by, lose more games, slide out of contention. Maybe (and emphasis on maybe) get one more player that would have satisfied everybody....and then have the season be out reach as we sink further and further.

We could still sink and fall out of the race but Kriv didn't want to conceede the season now for the hope of maybe getting one more player later.

crazybob60
07-23-2006, 07:33 PM
I know me personally would have much rather had Rauch than Majewski...and I would have liked the trade a whole lot better, really I have had alot of confidence in Rauch ever since he first came up in the majors. And if we would have gotten Cordero, well I don't think that would have done much there other than possibly hurt some of the bullpen since we would have just acquired Guardado and he could have felt not needed there. Although that could have also pushed not only Guardado but Cordero to work much harder as well....so who knows.

kaldaniels
07-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the payroll flexibility for the next few years in this deal has to be be worth something also...when do Bray and Magic hit arb??? I expect a decent signing this offseason, thanks in part to this.

crazybob60
07-23-2006, 07:55 PM
So how much in the offseason do you think Krivsky will spend?
How many 'big name' FA I wonder will we go after and then actually acquire. I know this should probably go in a different thread but it also falls in the same category as this, I think.....

kaldaniels
07-23-2006, 08:00 PM
So how much in the offseason do you think Krivsky will spend?
How many 'big name' FA I wonder will we go after and then actually acquire. I know this should probably go in a different thread but it also falls in the same category as this, I think.....

I really don't know but using the equation for 2007 salaries (Kearns+Lopez) - (Bray+Magic) = we should have a few million more at minimum to spend.

KoryMac5
07-23-2006, 09:57 PM
He also tried to get Linebrink from the Padres who said no too. I think he went with the best deal available to him.