PDA

View Full Version : What the heck does Chris Michalak have to do to get a chance in Cincy?!

GOREDSGO32
07-22-2006, 05:35 PM
OK, he's easily the oldest players in the minor leagues for the Reds, he turned 35 in January, obviously he doesn't have a heck of a lot of time left ... but look at his numbers ... he's got a 2.61 ERA! He's been the best pitcher for the Bats all year. If the guy was 25 instead of 35, he'dd be up here a month or two ago. Can he BE any worse than Milton or Mays or Claussen? I highly doubt it. Sheesh, if Mays sucks today, which is highly likely ... bring him up and see what he can do ... I think its sending a bad message when you pitch pretty great in Triple A and can't get a call up when guys in your rotation have over 5's and over 8 ERA's. Call up Michalak, and bring Homer Bailey on up to Louisville.

Highlifeman21
07-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Michalak is an insurance policy for us. He's in AAA for a reason. I would think if Krivsky though he had a future on the 25 man roster, then he would be on the 25 man roster.

As for the savior of the Reds organization, leave Homer in AA for the rest of the year. Let him get a taste of AAA next year. Let's see if he's worth all the hype.

PuffyPig
07-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Lose 10 years in age.....

And yes, he could be a lot worse than Milton.

jimbo
07-22-2006, 06:40 PM
There's probably a pretty good reason why he is still stuck in the minors at age 35.

redsfanmia
07-22-2006, 06:46 PM
He throws like 82 mph, he would absolutely get rocked here.

IrishDavidKY
07-22-2006, 07:28 PM
While he has good numbers in Louisville, he's not the answer for the Reds. Hopefully WK can pick up a starter before the trading deadline.

princeton
07-22-2006, 07:41 PM
He's in AAA for a reason.

and that reason is to teach that pickoff move. It's the finest nonbalk in baseball history