PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: The search is on for Jose Rijo

GOREDSGO32
07-22-2006, 05:52 PM
From a Cincinnati rumor blog:

The Reds, in search of a 5th reliever after being held so far by Dave Williams, the injured Brandon Claussen, and now Joe Mays have went to final measures to shore up the rotation: calling once again on Reds legend Jose Rijo, also 1990 World Series MVP.

The veteran pitcher who's career was cut short and after several comeback attempts, came back for a short time for the Reds a few years ago to have a solid season.

A Reds official said, "At this point we don't know where he is, the man hasn't been seen for several years."

The Reds have dispatched a search team deep into the Congo Jungle, where Rijo spottings have happened sporatically over the years. Legend has it, Rijo is searching for a rare plant that has been known to repair arms and return them to a state of strength of a 22 year old pitcher. The last attempt by a pitcher - former Red Josias Manzinillo - failed, and he has not been heard of since.

CRedsLarkin11
07-22-2006, 09:49 PM
haha, that got a laugh out of me. I wish we could find someone to pitch even mediocre in that 5th spot

StillFunkyB
07-22-2006, 10:20 PM
From a Cincinnati rumor blog:

The Reds, in search of a 5th reliever after being held so far by Dave Williams, the injured Brandon Claussen, and now Joe Mays have went to final measures to shore up the rotation: calling once again on Reds legend Jose Rijo, also 1990 World Series MVP.

The veteran pitcher who's career was cut short and after several comeback attempts, came back for a short time for the Reds a few years ago to have a solid season.

A Reds official said, "At this point we don't know where he is, the man hasn't been seen for several years."

The Reds have dispatched a search team deep into the Congo Jungle, where Rijo spottings have happened sporatically over the years. Legend has it, Rijo is searching for a rare plant that has been known to repair arms and return them to a state of strength of a 22 year old pitcher. The last attempt by a pitcher - former Red Josias Manzinillo - failed, and he has not been heard of since.

Sounds to me like you have been dippin into Jose's cigar stash.

KronoRed
07-22-2006, 10:30 PM
If we're going after former stars with hurt arms lets go for Soto :D

Dunner44
07-22-2006, 10:31 PM
I'd take Jose over Mays even if Rijo had to throw with his left foot...

http://alumni.imsa.edu/~sverma/Images/MyLeftFoot.jpg

Heck, I'd take Christy Brown too...

Unassisted
07-22-2006, 10:38 PM
He's such a good guy, Jose would probably do it. His arm is attached to his body with more screws than a Sauder desk, after all of the surgeries he's had. I'd hate to see it fall off on the mound.

redsupport
07-22-2006, 10:57 PM
The search squad consisted of Rich Hinton, Dick Baney and Joe Henderson. When Rijo could not be located in Zimbabwe, the party returned and offered their own services to management

Heath
07-23-2006, 01:22 AM
The search squad consisted of Rich Hinton, Dick Baney and Joe Henderson. When Rijo could not be located in Zimbabwe, the party returned and offered their own services to management

No search party is completed without Mel Behney. Or Ben Hayes.

Rocket_Fuel
07-23-2006, 10:33 AM
All the Reds have to do is look over at Washington because that's where he is along with a ton of other former Reds like Kearns, Lopez, Guillen, Barry Larkin and Jim Bowden.

Benny-Distefano
07-23-2006, 01:04 PM
heck, we've got a perfectly healthy tom hume right now!!!

KronoRed
07-23-2006, 03:05 PM
heck, we've got a perfectly healthy tom hume right now!!!
Start him

WVRed
07-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Send in Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer, that would turn up results(or dead bodies).

crazybob60
07-23-2006, 06:31 PM
All the Reds have to do is look over at Washington because that's where he is along with a ton of other former Reds like Kearns, Lopez, Guillen, Barry Larkin and Jim Bowden.

Aren't you forgetting Davey Johnson as well?

2001MUgrad
07-23-2006, 08:31 PM
What about Nuxhall??