PDA

View Full Version : C.C. Sabathia

GitRDunn
07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
I was wondering what you guys think the Reds would have to give up in order to get C.C. Sabathia from the Indians. He's currently signed to a contract through 2008 for roughly $9 million guaranteed per season. He also has some performance clauses in his current contract which could raise his salary to around $11.5 million per.

In 2007 and 2008, our rotation would look like below... a very formidable rotation for a playoff team.

Arroyo
Sabathia
Harang
Ramirez
Bailey (if we didn't have to trade him to Cleveland)

What do you think? Would Cleveland even trade him?

Patrick Bateman
07-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm guessing that without including Homer, a Sabathia trade to the Reds would be highly unlikely.

registerthis
07-24-2006, 01:54 PM
As to whether Cleveland would trade him, I think a team so far out of the race would listen to overtures for any player on their roster.

Problem is, the Reds don't have the horses to bring him in. I could conceivably have seen an Encarnacion + Kearns deal for Sabathia, but that bird has flown. And while I'm not averse to trading Bailey, it wouldn't be for a pitcher like Sabathia.

So, yes, I would imagine the Indians would entertain offers for him, but no I don't think the Reds could land him.

Jpup
07-24-2006, 01:55 PM
It would probably take Dunn or Homer. That's too much IMO.

REDREAD
07-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Nice idea, but all we have left is Homer and Bruce. That might get the deal done, but then we're down to any empty farm system again.

I've got to think that if Cleveland actively shops CC in this market, they'll get a king's ransom for him. A lot of contenders could use a pitcher like that.

thatcoolguy_22
07-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Dunn for Sabathia would be phenomenol for the reds. if that would work... however like redread just said the indians would expect an entire double A team for him