PDA

View Full Version : SD/ATL Rumor per ESPN

Newman4
07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Last night on ESPN during the Braves/Phils game, Steve Phillips mentioned a rumor that Atlanta was offering Wilson Betemit for Scott Linebrink.

Falls City Beer
07-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Last night on ESPN during the Braves/Phils game, Steve Phillips mentioned a rumor that Atlanta was offering Wilson Betemit for Scott Linebrink.

Wow. I've long wanted the Reds to acquire BOTH these players. Unsung, very, very good performers.

Blue
07-24-2006, 06:44 PM
The Pads would never do that deal if it was one-for-one.

Joseph
07-24-2006, 08:28 PM

Why not, they need a 3B, he's young and has potential.

Shaknb8k
07-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Ive heard a lot of complaining about the big kearns and lopez deal in the past few days because of a few deals where teams didnt give up as much for relief pitching. Those deals have been completely different than the Reds deal. This deal is about the closest to the Reds deal. No im not comparing Lopez to Betemit but this deal is a lot closer than the Wickman or Macdougal or Williamson deals.

deltachi8
07-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow. I've long wanted the Reds to acquire BOTH these players. Unsung, very, very good performers.

I'm with you completely on that.

Newman4
07-25-2006, 10:43 PM

That's what Phillips said. Makes you wonder would the Braves do Betemit for Majewski?

Krusty
07-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Latest rumor is the Yankees and Braves are talking deal that would send RHP Scott Proctor to the Braves for infielder Wilson Betemit.

Johnny Footstool
07-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Ive heard a lot of complaining about the big kearns and lopez deal in the past few days because of a few deals where teams didnt give up as much for relief pitching. Those deals have been completely different than the Reds deal. This deal is about the closest to the Reds deal. No im not comparing Lopez to Betemit but this deal is a lot closer than the Wickman or Macdougal or Williamson deals.

Except that Linebrink is better than either Bray or Majewski. Way better.

And Betemit is talented but has less of a track record than Kearns or Lopez.

Johnny Footstool
07-26-2006, 09:39 AM
That's what Phillips said. Makes you wonder would the Braves do Betemit for Majewski?

Nah. They're looking for better relievers than Majewski in return for Betemit.

Benihana
07-26-2006, 10:22 AM
I would trade Majewski for Betemit, although I doubt Atlanta would. Its funny Betemit, Brandon Phillips and Jose Reyes were three guys I was fawning over back in 2002. Would be great if two of them could make up our middle infield for years to come.

On another note, can you imagine if the market for relievers was this way back in 2003? We could have dealt Kent Mercker, Gabe White, et. al for the entire 2003 lineup from the futures game, instead of Matt Belisle, Charlie Manning, etc.

And if I only got long the stock market in 1998 :rolleyes: