PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: A-Rod to Astros for Oswalt, Clemens

beb30
07-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Heard this through 700wlw on Cunningham's show. Its not certain just a rumor but must be serious. He also said that Yanks are going to be picking up alot of A-Rod's salary as well.

EKURed
07-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Cunningham is NUTS. Don't believe the hype! No way that deal happens.

markymark69
07-25-2006, 03:03 PM
I like Cunningham, but be leery of the validity, it's hard to take anything he says literally when it comes to sports.

Johnny Footstool
07-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Doesn't make a lick of sense. Houston has no other decent starting pitching.

Red Leader
07-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Sure is a lot of talk going around about the Astros and yet they've only picked up Aubrey Huff...

They are 5 GB of the Reds in the Wild Card hunt. Getting A-Rod would help them in the future as far as offense goes, but losing Oswalt and Clemens would pretty much drop them out of the race this year. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing A-Rod being allowed to move back to SS. I'm assuming with Ensberg still on the DL and Huff brought in they'd move A-Rod to SS.

LincolnparkRed
07-25-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't see how the could let Oswalt go. I could see Pettite and Clemens for Arod which would be a wash in salary but would Houston want to have Wandy rodriguez and Ezekiel Astacio or that Nieves kid pitching and still try to say they are competing for the wild card. I doubt the could weather that storm.

Matt700wlw
07-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Heard this through 700wlw on Cunningham's show. Its not certain just a rumor but must be serious. He also said that Yanks are going to be picking up alot of A-Rod's salary as well.

Did Willie say it?

If he did....that's all you need to know :laugh:

Blue
07-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Its sounds fake. However, the Astros do have a couple of good pitching prospects in Jason Hirsch and Troy Patton. Considering that they aren't going to make the playoffs this year anyway, I think I'd do that trade if it were Clemens and Pettite. Neither of them will be back next year.

beb30
07-25-2006, 03:29 PM
willie said it however he was reporting it from someone else so its not like he was making it up, though i would def say it doesnt make sense.....

TeamBoone
07-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Didn't Clemens already turn down an opportunity to go to the Yankees before his season began.... in June. Or am I mixing it up with another team?

In addition, is NY willing to give him the same sweet deal he enjoys with Houston?

beb30
07-25-2006, 03:45 PM
no clue like i said i just caught it, and it wasnt during the stooge report.....

Brutus
07-25-2006, 03:45 PM
There's no way Houston goes through all that trouble to sign Roger Clemens, especially after he picked the Astros over the Yankees in the first place, and then they turn right around and trade him to the Yankees.

This is one of the dumbest trade rumors I've ever heard.... a team trading their top two pitchers, their only aces, for one hitter - at a position they just acquired a second bat a few weeks ago? This makes no sense.

redsfanmia
07-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Willie also gets fired/suspended every time he goes on vacation, he just made it up.

beb30
07-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Willie also gets fired/suspended every time he goes on vacation, he just made it up.

true story