PDA

View Full Version : Harang a Pitcher

Razor Shines
07-26-2006, 02:17 AM
I really enjoyed watching Aaron Harang tonight, this year he has really turned into a pitcher. I've always enjoyed watching good pitching more than I like hitting, pitchers like Maddux, Clemens, Schilling..etc. Now I'm not putting Aaron in their class but he has made himself into a quality pitcher.

His maturity out there tonight was really great to see. Some of the at bats that Huff had were really good but it was good to see Aaron not give in even when he got behind in the count, that would have been an easy time to just try to get one over but Aaron kept busting him inside and was going to make him hit his pitch.

The only real lapse I can think of was walking Clemens, but LaRue did a good job of going out settling him down and Harang came right back made a great pitch to jam Biggio and get out of the inning. I also liked to see him get fired up after getting Berkman out, maybe I haven't watched close enough this year but I haven't seen too much of that from him, I like that fire from Guardado and I like it from Harang.

Well I know that none of this is news to anyone, but I just wanted to say that no matter how the season turns out, one thing for sure I am going to be happy about is Aaron Harang taking that next step.

On a side note I was watching the game tonight on FSNSW, I'm visiting family in Texas, and they actually put .OPS on the screen when Adam Dunn was up. The anouncers were talking about how BA doesn't tell the story with him and put up his .OPS, I think that is the first time I've seen that stat on screen during a game, just thought it was interesting.

KalDanielsfan
07-26-2006, 02:29 AM
agreed..huge game for Harang tonite..

i genuinely feel terrible for Clemens..but he knew what he was getting himself into..just imagine what his win total could be had he not played with houstonthe past few years?

TeamBoone
07-26-2006, 01:54 PM
i genuinely feel terrible for Clemens..but he knew what he was getting himself into..just imagine what his win total could be had he not played with houstonthe past few years?

Not me.

He's got a great gig going in Houston... he doesn't have to play until June; he doesn't have to go on road trips until the days/nights he's pitching... heck, he doesn't even have to show up at the home park unless he's pitching.

Kinda hard for me to feel sorry for him.

Fil3232
07-26-2006, 03:26 PM
There about 12 million other reasons I don't feel bad for him either.

guttle11
07-26-2006, 03:28 PM
I thought he was a right fielder?;)

wojo1025
07-26-2006, 03:37 PM
He's the worst pitcher in the league in the Video Game MLB: The Show, incase that matters to anyone