PDA

View Full Version : Link to audio of Dunn on Banana Phone

Wheelhouse
07-28-2006, 11:48 PM
http://www.getsportsinfo.com/lance/dunncall.mp3

RedBengal
07-28-2006, 11:56 PM
This is a great time for a comparison of Adam Dunn and Will Ferrell. Not only do they look alike, but in my opinion two of the funniest guys around. As a Reds fan and a big Ferrell fan, it is sometimes hard to tell the difference between the two.

justincredible
07-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Hilarious call. I heard it for the first time earlier today at work and started laughing out loud in the office.

Who is this Luke Stowe Dunn was talking about? All I could find from a google search was pictures of what looked like a 10 year old kid playing baseball from 2004.

HumnHilghtFreel
07-29-2006, 12:03 AM
:laugh: that was good stuff

redlegs2370
07-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Who is this Luke Stowe Dunn was talking about? All I could find from a google search was pictures of what looked like a 10 year old kid playing baseball from 2004.

Looking at the last name I would say it is some relation to Bernie Stowe.

BuckWoody
07-29-2006, 12:50 AM
"Do you have your shirt on?"

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha! :laugh:

This is the first time I've heard that. Top notch stuff from Dunn.

Tornon
07-29-2006, 12:53 AM

I dunno if you have heard George talk about him, but Bernie Stowe is in charge of keeping the team uniforms in order.. so I assume Luke is his kid or grandchild

justincredible
07-29-2006, 01:08 AM
^^Thanks. Now that you mention it I have heard Bernie's name a time or two, it just didn't click I guess.

KittyDuran
07-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Hilarious call. I heard it for the first time earlier today at work and started laughing out loud in the office.

Who is this Luke Stowe Dunn was talking about? All I could find from a google search was pictures of what looked like a 10 year old kid playing baseball from 2004.From the Reds website (media guide)...(bolded for emphasis): http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/pressbox/downloads/y2006/cin/toc_frontoffice.pdf

The second of Bernie’s sons to join the organization was Rick Stowe. Like his father and older brother, Rick began his career as a batboy and performed those duties from 1981-‘83, when he became an assistant to his father. In the winter of 1997, he was promoted to his current position. Rick is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Reds’ clubhouse, including the ordering of supplies and equipment and the upkeep of all equipment. In November 2001, Rick was named to the board of directors for the Cincinnati Reds Community Fund, for which he serves as chairman of the player-relations committee. Rick and his wife, Marsha, reside in Cincinnati with their children: Luke, Erica, Noah and Gabriel.

goreds2
07-29-2006, 04:13 PM
They are now playing it on 700 WLW.

TeamBoone
07-30-2006, 03:29 PM
'Adam from Milwaukee' exposes baseball's silly side
By Kyle Nagel

We're in a world now in which it's difficult to keep anything from the masses, even if you missed it the first time.

Case in point: Adam Dunn's call to Marty Brennaman on the air during a recent rain delay.

I hadn't heard about this until just a few days ago, when I found the clip on redlegnation.com, a Web site devoted to the Cincinnati Reds.

The clip seemingly came from the long rain delay Wednesday, July 19.

Dunn, calling himself "Adam from Milwaukee" in a goofy, nerdy-sounding voice, asked Brennaman's thoughts on the first-base situation and, at one point, if he had his shirt on.

A brief sampling of the call:

Dunn: Marty, this is Adam. (Pause) Marty?

Marty: (Annoyed) Yes.

Dunn: This is Adam from Milwaukee.

Marty: Hey, how ya doin'?

Dunn: I'm good. How are you?

Marty: Good.

Dunn: Do you think Scott Hatteberg's a good player?

Marty: (More annoyed) Yeah. (Pause) Hello-o?

Dunn: Marty? Marty.

Marty: Yes, Adam from Milwaukee.

Dunn: Marty. Do you think Scott Hatteberg's a good player?

Marty: Do you think he's a good player?

Dunn: I think he's overrated.

I think I listened to it four times straight before I stopped laughing at it.

You can't tell if Brennaman knows it's Dunn on the phone at first, but there's plenty of giggling in the background on both sides.

Just another example, to me, that baseball is still the professional sport in which the players are the silliest pranksters.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/daily/073006audible.html

mole44
07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
clearly marty knows

goreds2
04-09-2015, 11:20 AM
After 25 years, it is going away. :(

http://www.wlwt.com/news/reds-fans-lament-the-end-of-banana-phone-era/32259960