PDA

View Full Version : per MLBtraderumours. Oswalt might be part of deal to get Tejeda!!

redsfan4445
07-30-2006, 10:29 PM
per mlbtraderumours.com

"Roy Oswalt's Name Enters The Fray
Here's a new one: could Roy Oswalt be traded in the next 18 hours?

According to the Baltimore Sun:

"Several industry sources confirmed the Orioles and Astros are negotiating dealing Tejada for third baseman Morgan Ensberg, shortstop Adam Everett and Oswalt, 28, who has already won 91 major-league games."

The O's have said they are looking for established Major Leaguers in return for their superstar shortstop, and Oswalt fits the bill. Baltimore would have to have competitive designs for the 2007 season, as Oswalt is a free agent after that.

According to Value Over Replacement Player, Oswalt has been the fourth best pitcher in the league this season. Last year he ranked fifth in VORP. It's tough to see how the Astros would win this year with no dependable starters behind Roger Clemens. Perhaps a Rodrigo Lopez type pitcher would come to Houston in the unlikely event Oswalt is dealt. "

I cant belive the Astros would give up Oswalt with both Clemens and Pettite looking at retirement!!

IslandRed
07-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Unless Purpura fell and hit his head, that one sounds more like an Orioles fantasy than anything else.

Reds4Life
07-30-2006, 10:32 PM
That isn't going to happen.

The O's would have to cover nearly all of Miggys contract to even begin to demand Oswalt in return, even then I still doubt it.

Brutus
What's strange is that reports say it is BALTIMORE that's having reservations about the deal.

If I'm Baltimore, I take that deal in a New York minute. That's an awful lot for Houston to give up for one player.

KoryMac5
No way that Oswalt becomes part of a deal for Tejada. If that happened it would leave Houston with no pitching and a shaky bullpen.

Redsfan08
07-30-2006, 10:36 PM
No way that Oswalt becomes part of a deal for Tejada. If that happened it would leave Houston with no pitching and a shaky bullpen.

:rolleyes: Not there is anything wrong with that

dman
07-30-2006, 10:37 PM
From what I've been reading, most of the teams in the hunt for Tejada want to move him to 3B and that has been the sticking point for a lot of the botched trades.

Redsfan08
07-30-2006, 10:39 PM
From what I've been reading, most of the teams in the hunt for Tejada want to move him to 3B and that has been the sticking point for a lot of the botched trades.

thats why houston has the most interest because thats the only team he would like pretty much play ss for

dman
07-30-2006, 10:47 PM
thats why houston has the most interest because thats the only team he would like pretty much play ss for
Duh, I'm blind, I didn't see Everett's name when I first glanced this article.

Me personally, the way the Astros have played this year, a move like this would be nothing more than polishing a turd

Rob Dicken
07-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Duh, I'm blind, I didn't see Everett's name when I first glanced this article.

Me personally, the way the Astros have played this year, a move like this would be nothing more than polishing a turd

Exactly. I understand that Houston's hitting isn't there, but why trade off probably the most solid starter in the NL for a SS? I know Tejada hits homers....but so does Berkman. If that happens, Houston in my opinion, is only hurting their cause and chances at going to the playoffs.

snowstorm
07-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Let's all pray that this trade happens. :evil:

Shaknb8k
07-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Im losing more respect for mlbtraderumors.com by the minute. I understand that rumors are nothing more than rumors and that many things can go wrong and make a trade fall apart. But yesterday we had the rumor where the website said that the reds and Tejeda talks might be back on and come to find out it was more along the lines of Craig Wilson. And now on the site it says that Lastings Milledge was taken out of the game. Since it had been posted they have updated it and said that he was ejected and not taken out. But that is something that never should have been posted in the first place if they had spent more than 30 seconds of looking at a box score.

I love posting about rumors and i understand that many times the rumors are true but they just fall apart for one of many reasons and it looks like a lie....but research the topic instead of trying to be the first one to have breaking news. I will not be checking mlbtraderumors.com after today cause it is nothing but a glorified gossip column.

dman
07-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Im losing more respect for mlbtraderumors.com by the minute. I understand that rumors are nothing more than rumors and that many things can go wrong and make a trade fall apart. But yesterday we had the rumor where the website said that the reds and Tejeda talks might be back on and come to find out it was more along the lines of Craig Wilson. And now on the site it says that Lastings Milledge was taken out of the game. Since it had been posted they have updated it and said that he was ejected and not taken out. But that is something that never should have been posted in the first place if they had spent more than 30 seconds of looking at a box score.

I love posting about rumors and i understand that many times the rumors are true but they just fall apart for one of many reasons and it looks like a lie....but research the topic instead of trying to be the first one to have breaking news. I will not be checking mlbtraderumors.com after today cause it is nothing but a glorified gossip column.
Anymore, I just wait until the day after I hear a rumor to see if prosportsdaily.com has some mention of it, then I start to give it some credence.

cincy jacket
07-30-2006, 11:53 PM
According to Rosenthal the Astros have pulled out of the Tejada sweepstakes. If the O's had put Oswalt right back on the market things would have been real intersting tomorrow.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5831512

Royals Fan
07-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Baltimore ownership makes thing very hard on any trades casue they want physical done and before they sign off on any player trades.

StillFunkyB
07-31-2006, 06:33 AM
Baltimore ownership makes thing very hard on any trades casue they want physical done and before they sign off on any player trades.

Isn't this standard practice for all teams?

Jpup
07-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Isn't this standard practice for all teams?

not the Reds.

ChatterRed
07-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Heck........I'll give'm EE for Oswalt, straight up!

That is the craziest deal I've seen in a long time. Houston would be getting robbed.

Royals Fan
07-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Peter DeAnglo Baltimore owner appprently turned down an offer of edwin santana and erick aybar and another minor leaguer for tajada. IF true that is sad for O's fans.

Newman4
07-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Heck........I'll give'm EE for Oswalt, straight up!

That is the craziest deal I've seen in a long time. Houston would be getting robbed.

I'd give more than that even.

redsfan4445
07-31-2006, 08:50 AM
on prosportsdaily.com the Astros have told Baltimore NO trade if it is to include Oswalt.. so i didnt think houston was that dumb!!!!

IslandRed
07-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Peter DeAnglo Baltimore owner appprently turned down an offer of edwin santana and erick aybar and another minor leaguer for tajada. IF true that is sad for O's fans.

Some baseball guy on ESPN Radio -- can't remember which one -- said this weekend that Angelos has to sign off on trades and rarely does. The quote was something like "the Orioles' front office gets a lot of trades to the 1-yard line for Angelos but he never crosses the goal line."