PDA

View Full Version : Camp Wayne

Willy
08-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Count me in camp Wayne.

This isn't going to go over well, but I'm sick of people thinking they know more than our current GM. The guy has taken a team that was predicted to finish in the bottom of the division to winning the Wild Card race on August 1st. Where would this team be without all of his moves??? All of the moves were questioned by many of us, and by either talent or dumb luck, 95% of them have turned into gold.

Cant we we give the guys some credit. I think he has earned the right to make a move and it not be torn apart before the new guys play their first game.

Yes I have question many of these moves(Phillips-another 2nd baseman, Ross-another catcher, Arroyo-say it aint so Willy Mo, Kearns and Lopez- that seems a bit much for some bullpen help), but this guy has proven me wrong time and time again. Give the man some respect, he has done a great job.

Odds are sooner or later he is going to look bad in one of these deals, but let us all remember what great things he has done to turn this organization back around!!

If your in Camp Wayne, show your support here.

BoCcc2832
08-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Count me in, buddy. I fully agree with you.

ChaseReds
08-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Agreed, sign me up!

:beerme:

Tommyjohn25
08-01-2006, 02:24 PM
I've been in all along.

MartyFan
08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
In Wayne We Trust!

RedsManRick
08-01-2006, 02:31 PM
While we can nitpick deals all we want, he was able to address the pitching without trading our most valuable assets, namely Dunn, Bailey, Bruce, Votto, Wood. As much as we had great hopes for Kearns, and Lopez put up a great season in 2005, we do have to realize they're replacable. And while he might have not gotten full value return on the Nats deal, the other option, doing nothing was not truly an option.

I'm not sure if we'll make the playoffs. But I do know that everytime we've shown a glaring need for something, Krivsky has addressed it. I much prefer the GM who addresses needs, if not perfect, over the one who ignores them completely, or admits them but fails to act.

Redhook
08-01-2006, 02:32 PM
I can't wait to see what he can do with a full off-season. Next season will be good. And after 2007, we'll be rid of Milton and LaRue, another $14-15 mil. We could have an unbelievable squad in 2008, with that excess money spent on quality players coupled with Homer Bailey, Joey Votto and others. Promising future for Reds fans! :beerme:

Benihana
08-01-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm camped out in Camp Wayne

BRM
08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure if we'll make the playoffs. But I do know that everytime we've shown a glaring need for something, Krivsky has addressed it. I much prefer the GM who addresses needs, if not perfect, over the one who ignores them completely, or admits them but fails to act.

I agree with you on the pitching. He has addressed the woeful bullpen aggressively. However, he has yet to address the poor team defense and the #4 and #5 starters. Maybe the opportunity hasn't been there yet. I don't know.

tripleaaaron
08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
krivsky is the man! Im watching meaningful baseball in August!!! I cant remember the last time I said that! That is all I could ask for this season

RedsManRick
08-01-2006, 02:39 PM
I agree with you on the pitching. He has addressed the woeful bullpen aggressively. However, he has yet to address the poor team defense and the #4 and #5 starters. Maybe the opportunity hasn't been there yet. I don't know.

Well, one could argue that (though perhaps poor in execution) shipping out Lopez, trading for Phillips in the first place, and keeping Aurilia around to play 3b are his first steps to that. I have to believe the Griffey in CF situation will be revisited in the offseason. Time will tell on that front.

As for the #4/#5 starter issue. I would say that ditching Milton simply isn't an option. Elizardo Ramirez has pitched perfectly as a #4/#5 guy. That leaves one spot open. One could argue that the Lohse acquisition fits this purpose. I don't think it was reasonable to get a Mark Redman given what the likely asking price was. Again, how the roster is constructed in the offseason will tell us a ton about his approach to the back end of the rotation.

JEA
08-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Here's a very simple to look at this whole thing:

Before the season began, I read in just about every publication imaginable about how the Reds were going to seriously suck this year and how we were destined to finish in the basement of the NL Central. Does anyone remember how absolutely dreadful the Reds were expected to be back in January? As big of a fan as I am, I whole heartedly expected the team to struggle this year.

Now here we are, discussing what can and should be done to assure we stay on course for the playoffs. The playoffs!

Seriously, going from one extreme to the other is so amazingly satisfying.

Although a lot plays into the turnabout, you have to admit Wayne is a big reason why. If for no other reason, you can stick me in Camp Wayne for that single reason.

But when you factor in his willingness to make a bold move (not simply for the sake of making a big move - like Bowden), his willingness to discuss his reasoning, and the overall confidence he's injected into the organization -- well, you can go ahead and sign me up for a camp counselor.

Willy
08-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Here's a very simple to look at this whole thing:

Before the season began, I read in just about every publication imaginable about how the Reds were going to seriously suck this year and how we were destined to finish in the basement of the NL Central. Does anyone remember how absolutely dreadful the Reds were expected to be back in January? As big of a fan as I am, I whole heartedly expected the team to struggle this year.

Now here we are, discussing what can and should be done to assure we stay on course for the playoffs. The playoffs!

Seriously, going from one extreme to the other is so amazingly satisfying.

Although a lot plays into the turnabout, you have to admit Wayne is a big reason why. If for no other reason, you can stick me in Camp Wayne for that single reason.

But when you factor in his willingness to make a bold move (not simply for the sake of making a big move - like Bowden), his willingness to discuss his reasoning, and the overall confidence he's injected into the organization -- well, you can go ahead and sign me up for a camp counselor.

I think te best thing about Wayne is he only really had one bold move (Lopez/Kearns). Almost every move he has made, the so called "experts" thught it was a non move(Phillips, Ross, Everyday Eddie ) and those are the moves that really turnd this ship around.

cincrazy
08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
If you would have asked me about the playoffs this winter, I would have gone Jim Mora on you: "Playoffs! Playoffs! Who's talking about the playoffs!" I'm DEFINITELY in Camp Wayne.

Phil in BG
08-01-2006, 04:27 PM
I believe we have to give Wayne and Bob Castellini credit. It has to come from the top. I wouldn't trade this ownership or GM for anyone. How can we not have a great outlook for the future of this team with this leadership. I love how we never hear about John Allen anymore....I believe he is well suited on the business side.

bounty37h
08-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Count me in camp Wayne.

This isn't going to go over well, but I'm sick of people thinking they know more than our current GM. The guy has taken a team that was predicted to finish in the bottom of the division to winning the Wild Card race on August 1st. Where would this team be without all of his moves??? All of the moves were questioned by many of us, and by either talent or dumb luck, 95% of them have turned into gold.

Cant we we give the guys some credit. I think he has earned the right to make a move and it not be torn apart before the new guys play their first game.

Yes I have question many of these moves(Phillips-another 2nd baseman, Ross-another catcher, Arroyo-say it aint so Willy Mo, Kearns and Lopez- that seems a bit much for some bullpen help), but this guy has proven me wrong time and time again. Give the man some respect, he has done a great job.

Odds are sooner or later he is going to look bad in one of these deals, but let us all remember what great things he has done to turn this organization back around!!

If your in Camp Wayne, show your support here.

Willy, this is possibly the best post I have read in my short time here at the zone. I agree wholeheartedly, and give ol Waybe and Co a huge high-five.
Lets go Reds, I wanna watch, and care, about the post-season!!!!

Willy
08-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Your telling me over 200 people viewed this thread, and only 15 people are in Camp Wayne???

Not Good!

MrCinatit
08-01-2006, 11:04 PM
I am in Camp Wayne, oh yeah. He has also shown a willingness to get rid of dead weight, including that which he has added.

RBA
08-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Put me down for Camp Snoopy.

Falls City Beer
08-01-2006, 11:06 PM
I was with him till the trade. That was more than I could handle.

MaineRed
08-01-2006, 11:16 PM
I was with him till the trade. That was more than I could handle.

I believe this thread was for those who are with Wayne, not a poll on who is and who isn't.

Unlike Mr Sunshine, put me down as down with WK.

edabbs44
08-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Camp Wayne...could be the next volume in the Friday the 13th series if this keeps up.