PDA

View Full Version : Did Dunn get a wake up call 2 weeks ago?

RedsMan3203
08-02-2006, 12:33 AM
I got to thinking... and I was like Dunn just blew up in the month of July.

After the ASB (When Kearns was traded) We've seen Dunner support the follow:

Average: .404
HR: 3
RBI: 11
BB: 13
K: 14
OB%: .528
SLG %: .649

He has had 23 hits snice the break, only 3 have been for home runs...

I think now that Austin is gone... Adam got the wake up call... That this ownership is serious about winning, and will do whatever it takes to win. Thus the lightbulb has clicked on for him...

Could be a number of things... But I think the most important thing is... There is No More Austin Kearns to play around and goof off with in the club house.

Its serious now... Its about winning and getting to the playoffs...

I hope we see this trend continue for Dunner all the way to October.

Johnny Footstool
08-02-2006, 12:37 AM
We've been down this road.

Dunn's streak started before the All-Star Break, when he was moved to the #2 spot in the order. And Austin Kearns was still here.

Read all about it here:http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49240

CTA513
08-02-2006, 12:39 AM
Dunn started improving before Kearns was traded.
He switched to a lighter bat and I believe he also worked with Chambliss some more.

RedsMan3203
08-02-2006, 01:15 AM
From a normal person's stand point that doesn't get into the stats part of the game...

Dunn started hitting the ball better before the break. AVG Jumped up 10 points. While after the break we saw his AVG jump up nearly 30 points.

Moreless, as CTA pointed out and with Kearns out of the club house ... it woke Adam up.

Nothing against Austin - But, I think with him gone... Dunn as more time to concenate on Baseball, and not PS2 or XboX360.

TeamBoone
08-02-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm sure Adam still enjoys his video games. Kearns is, after all, married and can't possibly spend as much time with Adam as he did when he was single... except when on the road, of course.

And from what I've read (and heard on the radio), Adam still manages to "goof around" in the club house.

Tornon
08-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Don't forget Adam was the player of the month last July.. maybe that is just his month to shine?

redsmetz
08-02-2006, 10:00 AM
In the great thread "The Skinny" there was mention that Dunn had a "talk to Jesus" meeting that was clearly meant as a wake-up call. See it at

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1067080&postcount=167

RedsManRick
08-02-2006, 10:06 AM
I wonder how Griffey hits with Dunn in the two hole as opposed to with Dunn behind him. We all know Junior is having an awful year, perhaps it's because he's being protected by Rich Aurilia?

ochre
08-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Dunn also had a wake up call last July!