PDA

View Full Version : why do other teams thrive at gabp

BUTLER REDSFAN
08-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Yes , I know in general our pitching has been bad for years but why does seemingly every team come in here and kick our behinds. We just seem so lifeless in that ballpark.

Always Red
08-08-2006, 11:03 AM
One simple reason alone, and you named it:

...they get to face Reds pitching.

BUTLER REDSFAN
08-08-2006, 01:12 PM
again,I know our pitching normally stinks but our teams just seem so blase' about most of the games played here.

oregonred
08-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Jimmy Haynes, Orca Anderson, Josias Manzanillo, Joey Hamilton, Joe Mays, Joe Valentine, Jeff Anderson, Jesus Sanchez, Juan Padilla, Jose Acevedo and a bunch of other gascan Reds pitchers that have passed through that start with the letter J... You get the idea

Oh and mix in some awful Reds defense over the past few seasons.

edabbs44
08-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Joey Hamilton...there's a "blast" from the past.

TOBTTReds
08-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Great responses guys :rolleyes:

Maybe what he is trying to point out too is that our home record this year is worse than the road. Why is that?

ochre
08-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Fly ball pitchers in a home run favorable park. It's all math from there.

Matt700wlw
08-08-2006, 03:27 PM
One simple reason alone, and you named it:

...they get to face Reds pitching.

How does that explain the Reds with a better record on the road?

I still can't figure that one out.

ochre
08-08-2006, 04:22 PM

Fly ball pitchers in a home run favorable park. It's all math from there.

KronoRed
08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Jimmy Haynes, Orca Anderson, Josias Manzanillo, Joey Hamilton, Joe Mays, Joe Valentine, Jeff Anderson, Jesus Sanchez, Juan Padilla, Jose Acevedo and a bunch of other gascan Reds pitchers that have passed through that start with the letter J... You get the idea

Oh and mix in some awful Reds defense over the past few seasons.
How coulc you forget the great Todd Van Poppel?

Matt700wlw
08-08-2006, 04:24 PM
How come the Reds hitters struggle more at home on the road? Not all the time, obviously, but if they took advantage of the ballpark like the visiting hitters, they would be a better team.

I don't get that one either....if they're hitters can take advantage of GABP, why can't the Reds hitters?

They could face pitcher A at home and get shut out, and then face the same pitcher at their place and win 8-4.

Always Red
08-08-2006, 04:45 PM

Here's the best I can do, looking at the stats on MLB.com, including last night's game:

Reds Pitching:

home- 5.14 ERA (15th in NL), 1.44 WHIP, 0.95 GO/AO, 87HR
away- 4.39 ERA (6th in NL), 1.40 WHIP, 1.13 GO/AO, 63 HR

Reds pitching is terrible at home, and is solid on the road. I'm not smart enough to factor GABP into those stats, or to see what visitors pitching does at home vs. the Reds or on the road vs. the Reds. But that is one quick and dirty reason why teams are killing us this year at GABP.:(

oregonred
08-08-2006, 05:54 PM
How coulc you forget the great Todd Van Poppel?

Didn't start with J... Once we run throught he other 25 letters it gets even more entertaining :laugh:

For the record, I meant Jeff Austin instead of Jeff Anderson. Freudian slip since Orca was so putrid and rotund that he was noted twice

LINEDRIVER
08-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Reds pitcher dont throw inside, dont back guys off the plate. Opponents just dig in and let er rip.

oregonred
08-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Reds pitcher dont throw inside, dont back guys off the plate. Opponents just dig in and let er rip.

What we need around GABP is a good ol' donnybrook to get everyone excited again ;)