PDA

View Full Version : Whats the number of innings Marty calls the game versus Steve?

Jr's Boy
08-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Whats the number of innings Marty calls the game versus Steve?I've noticed Steve alot more innings than Marty.Personally Steve bores me.

dabvu2498
08-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Whats the number of innings Marty calls the game versus Steve?I've noticed Steve alot more innings than Marty.Personally Steve bores me.
Marty 1-2
Steve 3-4
Marty 5-6
Steve 7
Marty 8-9

goreds2
08-08-2006, 11:39 AM

Steve is pretty good. I listen to a variety of announcers during the year and there are some VERY bad ones.

OesterPoster
08-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Steve is growing on me a bit more. He's starting to show a bit more emotion, though sometimes it seems a little forced.

I've always liked Terry Smith, voice of the Angels and former voice of the Buckeyes. I wish he was splitting time with Marty or being groomed as his replacement (though he's probably too old).

2001MUgrad
08-08-2006, 12:07 PM
I agree. Steve is getting a little bit better. He is very professional which isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't allow him to get too emotional. Marty is the best, but at times he is very unprofessional which I think hurts his credibility with some fans, but none the less, I think he is the best and wouldn't trade him for anything. I just hope that when Marty steps down that Steve is ready for the spot light.

PS Marty is being suspended at the end of the week for being critical of Jerry Narron.

Heath
08-08-2006, 12:08 PM
PS Marty is being suspended at the end of the week for being critical of Jerry Narron.

Huh?

CincyReds2003
08-08-2006, 12:09 PM
I agree. Steve is getting a little bit better. He is very professional which isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't allow him to get too emotional. Marty is the best, but at times he is very unprofessional which I think hurts his credibility with some fans, but none the less, I think he is the best and wouldn't trade him for anything. I just hope that when Marty steps down that Steve is ready for the spot light.

Suspended? Where did you hear this?

KittyDuran
08-08-2006, 12:16 PM
PS Marty is being suspended at the end of the week for being critical of Jerry Narron.I highly doubt that... the stuff that was being said the last time he took off was about as good of stuff that is cooked up at WLW when Willie wants to take a vacation...:rolleyes:

smith288
08-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Steve is growing on me a bit more. He's starting to show a bit more emotion, though sometimes it seems a little forced.

I've always liked Terry Smith, voice of the Angels and former voice of the Buckeyes. I wish he was splitting time with Marty or being groomed as his replacement (though he's probably too old).
Cant stand Terry Smith. He has a big ego.

When I was with the Clippers, he would hang out the broadcast booth during 7th innings and wave to the crowd as if he was some sort of celebrity. Anyone looking up at him and expected a wave.

I think the Clipper's players would actually flip him off when he would look their direction.

Heath
08-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Cant stand Terry Smith. He has a big ego.

When I was with the Clippers, he would hang out the broadcast booth during 7th innings and wave to the crowd as if he was some sort of celebrity. Anyone looking up at him and expected a wave.

I think the Clipper's players would actually flip him off when he would look their direction.

After being the "voice of the Buckeyes", Clipper baseball was a nice check during the football and basketball offseason. I think he thought that the Clippers were beneath him.

I was not shocked to see him go by any stretch of the imagination.

BuckeyeRedleg
08-08-2006, 01:58 PM
After being the "voice of the Buckeyes", Clipper baseball was a nice check during the football and basketball offseason. I think he thought that the Clippers were beneath him.

I was not shocked to see him go by any stretch of the imagination.

I worked with Terry Smith for a while at 1460 and let me tell you, he was one of the good guys. I never once saw a hint of arrogance and he treated everyone, including myself, very well.

The loss of Smith and addition of Keels is as "Voice of the Buckeyes" is one of the worst decisions any radio station as ever made.

And one of the many reasons that nobody listens anymore.

redsfan1966
08-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Let me jump in here as well to defend Terry Smith....when he worked here in Columbus, I met him many times and never detected a hint of ego or arrogance...he was always willing to spend a few minutes with fans at Cooper Stadium and talk...and in no way did I ever notice Clipper players giving Terry any attitude...he is also doing a very good job on Angel broadcasts (i listen occasionally on XM) and wish him the best...when 1460 dumped him from Buckeye coverage, they made a big mistake