PDA

View Full Version : Wil Castro start tomorrow

keeganbrick
08-10-2006, 12:18 AM
After another sub-par performance by Clayton and the fact that every position player was used tonight besides Castro. Do you think Juan will finally get a start tomorrow?

reds44
08-10-2006, 01:17 AM
I really don't think Clayton will be starting tomorrow. I hope for Rich or BP starting there, but the odds say Castro.

KronoRed
08-10-2006, 01:21 AM
I say it's Clayton

He is the SS afterall.

Cedric
08-10-2006, 01:23 AM
The problem with Aurilia/Clayton/Castro is they all are devoid of patience at the plate. At least Aurilia can do damage though.

I'm worried about the Reds scoring enough tommorow. Day game and after all the energy of tonight I hope the Reds don't come out hacking against Reyes. If I recall he has trouble with location and they can't bail him out all game.

WMR
08-10-2006, 02:45 AM
I sure as heck hope it's someone other than Clayton.

That guy makes my eyes bleed.

Ltlabner
08-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Would definatley like to see Castro start today. Clayton has more than enough errors thus far to warrent him riding the pine a while. I could understand a couple early on as part of having jitters playing in a new place. These guys are humans and throw in the extra pressure of being touted as a defensive stud and I could have lived with a couple. But he's shown us again and again that while he's only a stap-gap SS solution for this year, I'd say he's filled the gap and we should stop using him.

OesterPoster
08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Perhaps the bigger question is if Griffey plays. He normally gets the day-game-after-night-game off. Will Freel be in center with Hollandsworth in right, or will Griffey be in center?

And will Edwin get the day off if his hand/arm is sore from the hit-by-pitch and Aurilia not starting?

KalDanielsfan
08-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Perhaps the bigger question is if Griffey plays. He normally gets the day-game-after-night-game off. Will Freel be in center with Hollandsworth in right, or will Griffey be in center?

And will Edwin get the day off if his hand/arm is sore from the hit-by-pitch and Aurilia not starting?

valid point but you dont sit griffey during a series with the first place team you are chasing. especially replacing him with a non-threat like HOllandsworth.

i'm really torn with Aurilla these days. I want him to play cuz his bat has been THE MOST consistent as of late for the Reds yet I know EE is talented. However the rust hasnt been shaken lately off of EE and its better to just worry about winning every game now rather than catching him up to speed at this point in the season.

i wish aurilla could still play short. could you imagine how much better we'd be as a lineup?

yes..to answer the question, Castro starts. although i dont find him any better defensively than clayton..maybe a half a step better but thats a stretch.

RichRed
08-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Clayton can't hit, he can't run, he can't field - a triple threat. It is past time for him to grab some bench. My vote is for Phillips at short, Rich at 2B.

KalDanielsfan
08-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Clayton can't hit, he can't run, he can't field - a triple threat. It is past time for him to grab some bench. My vote is for Phillips at short, Rich at 2B.

i think its obvious phillips isnt changing positions for the rest of the year :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

RichRed
08-10-2006, 09:34 AM
i think its obvious phillips isnt changing positions for the rest of the year :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

It's one of the choices in the poll, making it relevant for this thread, despite your oh-so-clever use of the dead horse image.

RichRed
08-10-2006, 09:38 AM
i'm really torn with Aurilla these days. I want him to play cuz his bat has been THE MOST consistent as of late for the Reds yet I know EE is talented. However the rust hasnt been shaken lately off of EE and its better to just worry about winning every game now rather than catching him up to speed at this point in the season.

This rust you're referring to, can you show me where it is? Is it in EE's numbers for the season, .296/.384/.504? Or maybe you mean he's been rusty in the month of August (.391/.440/.652)? Or I guess we could go back to July (.375/.459/.531)?

Then again, maybe it's the fact that he's the Reds' best hitter with RISP or his diving catches that show he shouldn't be in the lineup.

KalDanielsfan
08-10-2006, 09:42 AM
This rust you're referring to, can you show me where it is? Is it in EE's numbers for the season, .296/.384/.504? Or maybe you mean he's been rusty in the month of August (.391/.440/.652)? Or I guess we could go back to July (.375/.459/.531)?

Then again, maybe it's the fact that he's the Reds' best hitter with RISP or his diving catches that show he shouldn't be in the lineup.

i never said he shoudnt be in the lineup. he's way more talented than aurilla. i stated that. my point was that i wish we could get both.

and yeah when i say rusty i meant in the field. defensively I dont like him. sorry. just my opinion.

cumberlandreds
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Castro should start. It's obvious he's our best defensive option. Plus he's hit pretty well so far since coming back. Clayton, in an odd sort of way, reminds me of Willie Mays in his last season with the Mets. He seems to fall or slip a lot and makes plenty of inaccurrate throws.

BRM
08-10-2006, 10:01 AM
I say it's Clayton

He is the SS afterall.

He makes all the routine plays. At least that's what we were told.

KalDanielsfan
08-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Castro should start. It's obvious he's our best defensive option. Plus he's hit pretty well so far since coming back. Clayton, in an odd sort of way, reminds me of Willie Mays in his last season with the Mets. He seems to fall or slip a lot and makes plenty of inaccurrate throws.

bro, lets not get all crazy talk now...how about Clayton reminds you of Kurt Stillwell his last year with the Royals.. :)