PDA

View Full Version : Your outlook

Ltlabner
08-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Please don't turn this into an arugment. I know that's a tall order, but maybe we can pull it off.

What is your typical mindset regarding baseball?

- I look at all the pitfalls, recoginize there are obsticals, assume they are going to happen and then I'm plesantly suprised when they don't. I don't believe in "hope" as "hope" doesn't win any ballgames.

- I look at the possibilities, know that any year could be "the year" and enjoy the team until proven otherwise (ie. they fall apart). I see that there are problems and can clearly identify them, I just choose not to dwell on them.

- Who cares. I just want to watch baseball games. I'd like to see us win, but if we don't I'm not devistated.

I am genuinely currious as to the majority of outlooks on the forum. There certinally isn't a "right way" or "wrong way" to view the season.

joshnky
08-10-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm optimistic every year. Why follow the team if you dread the season?

shredda2000
08-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Cautiously optimistic...

zombie-a-go-go
08-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Afraid to hope (but hoping nonetheless)

KalDanielsfan
08-10-2006, 09:11 AM
every April, May, and June I am optimistic...but when the ASB comes up and the Trade Deadline is close, I start to become paranoid about our Reds. History has repeated itself waaay too many times for our franchise the past 15 years.

Always Red
08-10-2006, 09:45 AM
That's why baseball is such a great team sport, IMHO.

All teams have flaws, and the long regular season exposes all of those, and forces GM's and FO's to deal with them one way or another. Or for the team and players themselves to improve during the season.

This team has it's share of holes, for sure. But I'm far more optomistic about this team than any Reds team in 5 years.

redsfan30
08-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Optimistic until the standings show we shouldn't be.

i_heart_jason
08-10-2006, 11:31 AM
i am ridiculously optimistic... i always think "THIS could be the year!"

Razor Shines
08-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Resident Optimist's Understudy