PDA

View Full Version : Series not a total loss

captainmorgan07
08-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Yes we split the series but if u look at it from this end we didn't lose any ground it would have been nice to gain a game but not losing any doesn't hurt us that bad either our team showed it has no quit in them bullpen pitched realively well all series milton pitched well harang kept us in the game arroyo just missed his spots that's all no reason to have negative after this series will come out and whoop on the phillies

RedEye
08-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Ryan Howard scares the crap out of me. I hope you're right.

goreds2
08-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Yes we split the series but if u look at it from this end we didn't lose any ground it would have been nice to gain a game but not losing any doesn't hurt us that bad either our team showed it has no quit in them bullpen pitched realively well all series milton pitched well harang kept us in the game arroyo just missed his spots that's all no reason to have negative after this series will come out and whoop on the phillies

Splitting the series was our worst (OK) scenerio. We did not lose 3 of four on our TURF. It's too bad Milton will not pitch in the next Cards series unless he goes on 3 days rest.

REDREAD
08-10-2006, 10:52 PM
After getting blown out in Game 1, I was praying for a split.. At least we maintained the "status quo" (DanO would be pleased).
I don't have a lot of confidence in catching the Cards, but I was worried after game one that we'd only take 1 out of 4 and lose ground in the WC race.

StillFunkyB
08-10-2006, 11:00 PM
It's too bad Milton will not pitch in the next Cards series unless he goes on 3 days rest.

And how crazy is that statement. I know that if you would have said something like that before the season started then someone would have had you committed.

If he can pitch that good from here on out, that would be huge.

I still laugh thinking that though. Wishing Milton was pitching next time around. Crazy, but true.

jnwohio
08-11-2006, 12:00 AM
A split here was OK. The Reds need to play even against the rest of the league and handle the Pirates and Cubs (16 games, about a third of the remaining schedule; hopefully a result of 11-5 or better). If they do this they will be in good shape for either the divison or most likely the WC. If they play even against the rest of the league and don't handle the the Pirates and Cubs then they will have earned (deserve) whatever fate befalls them.

And don't forget even with the loss today they have already cliched the season's series with the Cards. 2 more in StLouis next week would really be nice though.

Also the Cards and Dodgers both still have a series with the Mets. The NY guys could really help out the Reds if they bring their A game to those six games.

In the short term, this series in Phillie scares me too. Got to have 1 and two would be nice.