PDA

View Full Version : No, I'm not being a homer but I really like....

KalDanielsfan
08-11-2006, 09:46 AM
The Dodgers..been watching them lately and I am deathly afraid of them overtaking the wild card (IF they dont hold on to the NL WEST lead).

Colleti should get GM of the year..adding Maddux, Betemit, Lugo, Furcal, and Nomar all in the past 10 months should get him GM of the year.

I really like their team outside of the Reds.

justincredible
08-11-2006, 09:58 AM
I agree that the Dodgers have a hell of a team now. I think they should probably start to run away with the West now that they have finally gained the top spot after their horrid start to the second half.

TOBTTReds
08-11-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't think we have to worry about them at all. They will win the West, and beat the other West teams while they do so, they might become our best friend.

Chainer
08-11-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't think we have to worry about them at all. They will win the West, and beat the other West teams while they do so, they might become our best friend.

That is very true. If we are to worry about any team right now, I think we should be worrying about the Padres and Arizona in the WEST. I believe the Dodgers will take over the top spot in that Division.

Tommyjohn25
08-11-2006, 03:40 PM
After watching them play the Reds, I'm not sure how they had such a bad losing stretch after the break. They look very tough indeed.

Always Red
08-11-2006, 03:46 PM
The Dodgers have so many good, young players, that seemd to have just come from nowhere. Andre Ethier- never heard of him until I saw him play a few months ago, and that kid has one sweet swing. I think he is the real deal.

Ned Coletti has done an outstanding job with that team.

I agree, Kal, the Dodgers are looking good, and probably will only get better.

Jr's Boy
08-11-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm vacationing in LA at the end of the month, and lo and behold I see where the Reds got a series with the Dodgers.I'll be there for the last game since I won't be flying in till late the day before.

KalDanielsfan
08-11-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm vacationing in LA at the end of the month, and lo and behold I see where the Reds got a series with the Dodgers.I'll be there for the last game since I won't be flying in till late the day before.

sweet bro, i'll be there at the games as well.

first time seeing the Reds in an away stadium. you'll like Chavez.

crazybob60
08-11-2006, 04:20 PM
There always seems to be one team, usually out west that always catches fire late in season, here in the past few seasons its been teams like the Angels and/or the A's. This year it is the Dodgers, and yes they have amazed me. And just to think they did most of this catching up and winning without Nomar and Kent.

KalDanielsfan
08-11-2006, 04:35 PM
There always seems to be one team, usually out west that always catches fire late in season, here in the past few seasons its been teams like the Angels and/or the A's. This year it is the Dodgers, and yes they have amazed me. And just to think they did most of this catching up and winning without Nomar and Kent.

like i said before, the dodgers's Ned Colletti gets GM of the year by far.

he has done some amazing moves for them the past year

remdog
08-11-2006, 05:16 PM
I like what the Dodgers have done. Good moves and some solid rookies have come along. I really like what I've seen of Russell Martin.

Personally, I'm looking at going to San Diego to watch the Reds and Pads. A lot easier trip than the traffic you fact at Chavez Ravine (certainly from Newport Beach) and Petco/the Gas Lamp area nearby is a lot of fun.

If any of you are in SD, try the bar 'Altitude' in the Marriott-Gas Lamp. Outside, on the roof and it looks down into Petco. Great spot to hang out.

Rem

Red in Chicago
08-11-2006, 05:18 PM
must be the old western division in me, but the words "like" and "dodgers" will never come from my mouth :p:

remdog
08-11-2006, 05:23 PM
must be the old western division in me, but the words "like" and "dodgers" will never come from my mouth :p:

Yeah, as a 'chid' of that era it's not easy but, let's face it, that era is gone. (sigh)

So, since I like to watch baseball and the Dodgers are local I see a lot of them. Frankly, they've done a nice job this year. (shrug)

Plus, Tommy Lasorda is no longer in the spotlight so it's easier not to hate them. :laugh:

Rem

KalDanielsfan
08-11-2006, 05:59 PM
I like what the Dodgers have done. Good moves and some solid rookies have come along. I really like what I've seen of Russell Martin.

Personally, I'm looking at going to San Diego to watch the Reds and Pads. A lot easier trip than the traffic you fact at Chavez Ravine (certainly from Newport Beach) and Petco/the Gas Lamp area nearby is a lot of fun.

If any of you are in SD, try the bar 'Altitude' in the Marriott-Gas Lamp. Outside, on the roof and it looks down into Petco. Great spot to hang out.

Rem

bro i love petco. my buddy lives in a condo right behind Petco and you could watch the games from his balcony. Its cool they have that dog park inthe back etc.

great call. and the downtown area is really within walking distance from the park for aftergame fun :)

Red in Chicago
08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah, as a 'chid' of that era it's not easy but, let's face it, that era is gone. (sigh)

So, since I like to watch baseball and the Dodgers are local I see a lot of them. Frankly, they've done a nice job this year. (shrug)

Plus, Tommy Lasorda is no longer in the spotlight so it's easier not to hate them. :laugh:

Rem

i can relate...here is chicago, i'm stuck with the cubs and sox...cubs are much more tolerable since slammin' sammy's departure a few years ago...as for the sox, i'd much rather go to the park than watch them on tv...their announcers are horrible...thank goodness for the mlb package on direct tv

in addition to lasorda, throw in garvey on the 'hate' list:devil:

butlerbulldogs
08-11-2006, 08:49 PM
petco is really nice, went there a week ago, when i was in SD, saw Todd Walker's first 3rd base performance in about 10 years :D :D