PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Only One?

Edd Roush
08-11-2006, 09:34 PM
...or did any one else think Kyle Lohse looked really good tonight?

Outside of that first inning, Lohse looked really good up there. And then seeing him hit 93 and 94 consistently sure was encouraging. Right now, I think he may have the best pure stuff in the rotation. The great thing is, I think he may be winning with great pitching rather than just smoke and mirrors.

You can agree to disagree, but I think Lohse could have some success pitching at the bottom of this rotation.

VI_RedsFan
08-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Yep. He looked awesome tonight. Too bad Majewski and Bray have blown it for him is his 2 starts though...

Edd Roush
08-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Yep. He looked awesome tonight. Too bad Majewski and Bray have blown it for him is his 2 starts though...

Eh, I don't think it matters too much if they get the win in the end. Which they didn't in the first game, but hopefully will pull off tonight. Wins for a SP are the most overrated stat in the first place.

VI_RedsFan
08-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Eh, I don't think it matters too much if they get the win in the end. Which they didn't in the first game, but hopefully will pull off tonight. Wins for a SP are the most overrated stat in the first place.

True. Let's hope Everyday Eddie can hold it together for us!

HumnHilghtFreel
08-11-2006, 10:37 PM

I'm going to have to disagree. Sure a guy can have an ERA of 5 and still win 20 games if he has a great offense behind him, but the point of any competition is to get those W's. As long as the guy is going out each time and doing enough to get the win for the team, then winning is never overrated.

And yes, Lohse looked great again tonight.

dieselman44
08-11-2006, 11:52 PM
I think a lot of ppl on here have to eat some crow so far for their words about Lohse after the trade went down.

snowstorm
08-12-2006, 12:16 AM
It's a small sample size for Lohse, but so far, so good.:)

keeganbrick
08-12-2006, 12:24 AM
The thing I like about him is what he does when he has a 0-2,1-2 count. I have yet to see him just throw one across the middle of the plate in that situation as soo many of our other pitchers do.

GAC
08-12-2006, 07:50 AM
...or did any one else think Kyle Lohse looked really good tonight?

His two outings for us have been darn good IMO.

Last night he was really mixing it up, using his change up, and keeping them off balance. The 1st inning was the only trouble he had.

Ltlabner
08-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Lets hope he can ride the "new to the league" wave combinded with whatever groove he appears to be in for a while.

MaineRed
08-12-2006, 09:07 AM
His two outings for us have been darn good IMO.

Impossible. You might not have read what was written about him here when the trade was made, but I did :rolleyes:.

Blimpie
08-12-2006, 09:50 AM
I think both Lohse and Ryan Franklin have both looked pretty solid in their recent appearances.

ChatterRed
08-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Lohse came from the AL. Give him a year in the NL for the hitters to get use to him and then judge him. Arroyo had the same thing going for him. Now they have him figured out.

Chainer
08-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Lohse came from the AL. Give him a year in the NL for the hitters to get use to him and then judge him. Arroyo had the same thing going for him. Now they have him figured out.

I don't think they have Arroyo figured out....I just think the last month and 1/2 that Arroyo has been throwing MEAT to the batters. His placing absolutely sucks this half of the season as opposed to the first half. Lefties are eating him alive.

Blimpie
08-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Lohse came from the AL. Give him a year in the NL for the hitters to get use to him and then judge him. Arroyo had the same thing going for him. Now they have him figured out.Why? People around here don't wait a year to claim that a pitcher sucks, so I'm not going to wait a year to voice my evaluation either. I think both Lohse and Franklin are pitching well right now. Period.

Arroyo is a different story. He has pitched the second most innings in the NL prior to his last start and it looks like things are going to remain the status quo as long as the bullpen continues to blow games for him.

FoReel
08-12-2006, 02:41 PM
The thing I like about him is what he does when he has a 0-2,1-2 count. I have yet to see him just throw one across the middle of the plate in that situation as soo many of our other pitchers do.
Yea it seems like our pitchers haven't been able to get the job done when ahead of the account specificly Arroyo in his last outing.

Mario-Rijo
08-12-2006, 04:39 PM
No you are not the only one. In fact even though I missed his 1st outing, the highlights to it were inspiring. I think he could easily end up being one of Krivsky's better trades this year. Of course I will temper my expectations until he has a larger sample size and I watch him some more. Part of being a front of the rotation (yes I think he could be a decent 2 but a very good 3) starter is how bad are you when you don't have your "good stuff". I am wondering if what we are seeing is him with his "good stuff" with the additional advantage of teams not having seen him.

Basically either way i'll wait to "pigeonhole" him into a particular spot in the rotation. I believe his stuff says top of the rotation but his command & makeup might say something else altogether. Plus this is his 6th year in the bigs I believe (soon to be FA?) which means he may very well move on after the season anyhow.

But for now it's a nice improvement over Claussen of '06 and Joe Mays and the like.