PDA

View Full Version : Stop defending Griffey!

runfreelrun
08-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Griffey has no defense for his poor play, he is over the hill and if he was a team first player he would volunter a move to left field and ask to be moved down in the battin order. I am not saying that we have many better options, but how many times has Griffey come up in important game situations and looked like either a has been or a never will be. That play in center is inexcusable, why did he jump, it was a lazy deep fly ball and even Dunn get's there with no issue, but Griffey barely get's to the ball and then almost has it bang off his head "Jose Canseco Style". I love the reds, but it has become painful to watch them sometimes because I know that if push comes to shove and Griffey has a chance to shine, he falters. Please, please, please be a team player and do what is right, I can't take much more of this.

BoCcc2832
08-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Then leave...stop watching if you can't take it

redsfan4445
08-12-2006, 11:32 AM
unbeliveable!!.. he got to a ball he saved a run on sliding and almost thru the runner out at 2nd.. remember that play???? probaly not!!
yes he over ran the ball if you saw the play on that deep fly.... he mis read it.but almost made a huge catch. it happens to other players as well..im sure he felt like crap bout it.. but dont blame him for the bullpen not protecting the lead 2 times!!

runfreelrun
08-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Come on guys, he doesn't get to half the balls he should, he plays to deep in center and still couldn't get to that ball, I don't want him off the team, I just don't think he should play center anymore and should not be batting third in the lineup.

col4life
08-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Then leave...stop watching if you can't take it

nice contribution to the discussion

jimbo
08-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Some of these threads are starting to remind me of cincinnati.com.